Release Automation

View Only

Compatibility of Agents with 5.5.2 and new versions of Nolio RA

Luis Manrrique's profile image
Luis Manrrique posted Aug 02, 2022 12:32 PM
Hello everyone, 

I have a question, currently we've got Nolio RA v 5.5.2, but we want to update to its last version (6.7) my question is... The agents I have in my version 5.5.2 will be compatible for the newest versions?  and if they indeed are, to what point? 

Thanks in advance.
Saurabh Jain's profile image
Broadcom Employee Saurabh Jain
Hi Luis Manrrique,
The upgrade you are looking for is from very old version and hence it is multi step upgrade i.e. 5.5.2 -> 6.1 -> 6.4 -> 6.6 -> 6.7, where you need to upgrade in the sequence mentioned i.e. 6.1 -> 6.4 -> 6.6 -> 6.7. Please refer to KB's listed below

* 6.6/6.7 Upgrade Best Practices
* Standalone Nexus repository upgrade from 5.5 to 6.7

Coming to your query about agent version 5.5.2 support with 6.7, so it ideally works but our recommendation is to keep upgrading your agent to latest version as quickly possible due to architecture changes and changes in underlying java version on new agents. 

Also the other reason we recommend an upgrade of all components of CARA to higher & latest version is due to End of Support(EOS) and End of Life(EOL) of the versions i.e. 5.5, 6.1, 6.4, 6.6(September 5, 2022), therefore any issue reported on EOS/EOL version will not be supported.

* CARA Release & Support Life Cycle Dates

Please review the 6.7 Before upgrade document to ascertain your environment and required action. Some criteria where agent upgrade is must are listed below. 

For more information, refer to Release Notes 6.7.1
  • Agent upgrade is required if using Nexus 3 and agents are lower than 6.7.0b124 (6.7.1) after applying the patch

For more information, refer to Release Notes 6.7.2.
  • Agent upgrade is required to support logs in ISO-8601 format with offset if the agent version is lower than 6.7.0.b124.