Symantec IGA

View Only
  • 1.  Upgrade directly from CA Identity Manager 12.6.8 hosted on WebLogic to Symantec Identity Manager 14.4

Posted May 09, 2023 04:15 PM

Hello Community.

Is it possible to upgrade directly from CA Identity Manager 12.6.8 (on-premise) hosted on Weblogic 12.1.3 to Symantec Identity Manager 14.4? Or do we need to migrate to some previous version before to 14.4?

Please your help as soon as possible. Thanks in advance.

• 2.  RE: Upgrade directly from CA Identity Manager 12.6.8 hosted on WebLogic to Symantec Identity Manager 14.4

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 10, 2023 01:00 AM

Looks like you can upgrade directly.

You will need to upgrade your WebLogic to 12c as an upgrade prerequisite.
    Also I can see one requirement for 12.6.8 here: https://techdocs.broadcom.com/us/en/symantec-security-software/identity-security/identity-manager/14-4/Release-Notes/upgrade-considerations.html

• 3.  RE: Upgrade directly from CA Identity Manager 12.6.8 hosted on WebLogic to Symantec Identity Manager 14.4

Posted May 18, 2023 11:27 AM

Thanks for your answer Dmytro. I think I'm going to follow a mixed path upgrading some components and migrating the others. In case this customer decide to dot his with us, I'll let you know our results. Regards.

• 4.  RE: Upgrade directly from CA Identity Manager 12.6.8 hosted on WebLogic to Symantec Identity Manager 14.4
    Best Answer

Posted May 10, 2023 10:40 AM

Mauricio,

The better upgrade approach would be to follow a parallel migration path, using a newly defined database instance to host the IM databases. Changes to the table schemas for Task Persistence, Audit and Workflow would require multiple intermediate in-place upgrades with little benefit if you do not intend to maintain the historical data. In reality, since Task Persistence and Workflow tables deal with task/event execution, only the Audit tables should be retained for historical review purposes.

The best practice discussions for in-place versus parallel migration are covered in the product documentation but, as always, a hybrid approach is possible with enough effort.

------------------------------
    Enrique Torres
    Enterprise Architect
    Enterprise Studio
    HCL America
    ------------------------------

• 5.  RE: Upgrade directly from CA Identity Manager 12.6.8 hosted on WebLogic to Symantec Identity Manager 14.4

Posted May 18, 2023 11:31 AM

Thanks for your answer Enrique. As I answered to Dmytro, I think I'm going to follow a parallel migration path upgrading some components and migrating the others, as you suggested. In case my customer decides to do this with us, I'll let you know our results. Regards.