Automic Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Unable to synchronize LDAP connection.

Posted Jun 16, 2022 07:23 PM
    Hello,

We are adding a new user to Automic AWI. when I tried to synchronize the LDAP connection, It is not retrieving any values from the LDAP setting,
    but DN  getting details which are shown in the below screenshot. 

• 2.  RE: Unable to synchronize LDAP connection.

Posted Jun 20, 2022 06:30 AM
    Hello,

Does anyone have dealt with this kind of issue? Is there any possible workaround?

Thanks!

• 3.  RE: Unable to synchronize LDAP connection.

Posted Jun 21, 2022 12:55 AM
    Hi Shashank,

can you please show the content of the LDAP vara object from client 0

regards,
    Peter

• 4.  RE: Unable to synchronize LDAP connection.

Posted Jun 21, 2022 01:18 AM
    Edited by Shashank devadiga Jun 21, 2022 04:39 AM

Yes, we are trying to add with the PR-Americas domain. It was working with other Automic instances for the same user.

Thanks!
    Shashank

• 5.  RE: Unable to synchronize LDAP connection.

Posted Jun 21, 2022 02:34 AM
    Hi Shashank,

apart from the sync issue: is the communication to LDAP working? Can the user logon using the domain password?

Furthermore can you please check in the PWP log file if there are any LDAP related error messages.

regards,
    Peter

• 6.  RE: Unable to synchronize LDAP connection.

Posted Jun 22, 2022 05:33 AM

Hello Peter,

Sorry for the delay in the reply.

I believe the communication to LDAP working since values are retrieved for the other users with the same domain with the same AE. My assumption could be wrong. If so, how can I check if the communication to LDAP working?

Yes, the user can successfully log in to other instances with the same domain password.

There were no such errors related to LDAP in the PWP log, but these logs are a week old.

I am just a beginner in Automic.

Thanks!
    Shashank

• 7.  RE: Unable to synchronize LDAP connection.

Posted Jun 22, 2022 07:00 AM
    Hi Shashank,

you can check if the LDAP connection is working from the PWP log. In case of LDAPS it's the log of the JWP. Each time an LDAP enabled user logs on in the AWI, there will be an entry in the log. Also in case of failure you'll get information into the log file.

regards,
    Peter