Automic Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Search Error:No Results in AE V21.0.4

Posted Sep 21, 2022 04:30 AM
    Hi All,

I am getting following error when put a string in search field.

------------------------------
    Dominic I

• 2.  RE: Search Error:No Results in AE V21.0.4

Posted Sep 21, 2022 07:51 AM

Hello,

we're dealing with the same problem.

For us, the reason for the error is that the AWI cannot connect to the REST interface because of issues with validating the RESTs certificate.
    You may check the AWI log for messages like "PKIX Path building failed". 

The only workaround I found is to modify the Java keystore, the JCP/REST process is using on your AE server.
    The Java keystore must contain the "jetty" entry with only the hosts' private and public key. The intermediate public key must not be included there!

You can check whether a intermediate certificate is being delivered by the REST process with OpenSSL:
    openssl s_client -showcerts localhost:8088

For us, modifying the keystore is not a sufficient solution, thus I already opened a case.

An alternative is to use AWI 21.0.3 with AE 21.0.4.
    Though, I'm not sure whether this is officially supported by Broadcom. 

Kind regards
    Norbert

• 3.  RE: Search Error:No Results in AE V21.0.4

Posted Sep 22, 2022 02:21 AM
    I am getting a new error after starting the JCP with java truststore key.

[ERROR] AWI1-DEV-21.0.4:0/UC/UC 104595F81ABEF09FA04C156B53E28F0C-3 0000000001123008 [com.uc4.webui.common.errorhandling.Safe] - java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: com.uc4.ecc.backends.exceptions.AutomationEngineAPIException: Can't connect to any REST-endpoint, please check if at least one JCP is running and is reachable via network.
    java.lang.RuntimeException: java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: com.uc4.ecc.backends.exceptions.AutomationEngineAPIException: Can't connect to any REST-endpoint, please check if at least one JCP is running and is reachable via network.

) Error injecting constructor, com.uc4.ecc.backends.exceptions.AutomationEngineAPIException: Can't connect to any REST-endpoint, please check if at least one JCP is running and is reachable via network.
    at com.uc4.ecc.framework.entrypoint.notifications.certificate.CertificateNotificationService.<init>(Unknown Source)
    while locating com.uc4.ecc.framework.entrypoint.notifications.certificate.CertificateNotificationService
    at com.uc4.ecc.framework.core.inject.util.BinderUtils.bindAEService(BinderUtils.java:198)
    while locating com.uc4.ecc.framework.entrypoint.notifications.certificate.ICertificateNotificationService

Dominic I

• 4.  RE: Search Error:No Results in AE V21.0.4

Posted Sep 23, 2022 03:29 AM

Hello Dominic,

the error messages "Can't connect to any REST-endpoint" are only the consequences of a failure in establishing a secure channel between AWI and REST. You may have a look at previous messages in the AWI log.

Also, I suggest you to check the REST endpoint using openssl client:
    openssl s_client -showcerts AEHOSTNAME:8088

You should see the certificate delivered and some encryption settings. 
    The important thing about this issue is that the REST is ONLY delivering its Host certificate. 

Kind regards
    Norbert

• 5.  RE: Search Error:No Results in AE V21.0.4

Posted Sep 27, 2022 08:15 AM
    Hi NorbertZ,

Thank you much. There was a wrong AEHOSTNAME in the REST part in ini file. After correcting the hostname, the Search function works fine.

AEHOSTNAME:8088

Dominic I

• 6.  RE: Search Error:No Results in AE V21.0.4

Posted Feb 16, 2023 07:13 AM

Hello, 

did you get feedback on that case?

Regards

Martin

• 7.  RE: Search Error:No Results in AE V21.0.4

Posted Nov 17, 2022 11:34 AM
    We have the same problem but in our case the UCSrv.ini file was changed to add the AEHOSTNAME
    UC4\<SID>\Automation Engine\UCSrv.ini
    i have reverted back to host= <blank> and the search was back to normal again
    i.e.

[REST]
    ;
    ; host: Hostname where the REST API will be reachable from external. Configure this when using an SSL Termination proxy.
    ;
    ;host=<SERVERNAME>
    host=
    ;