ESP dSeries Workload Automation

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

In D-series how to extract all the application events and their timings into excel format?

• 1.  In D-series how to extract all the application events and their timings into excel format?

Posted May 08, 2023 02:43 AM

In D-series how to extract all the application events and their timings into excel format?

• 2.  RE: In D-series how to extract all the application events and their timings into excel format?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 09, 2023 10:04 AM

Hi,
    So as of now, the events are stored are in XML format.  They may not be queried via any SQL statement.  You can look in to this report and run application run report, if you just want to see when they ran.

HTH,
    Nitin Pande

------------------------------
    Support
    Broadcom
    Toronto

• 3.  RE: In D-series how to extract all the application events and their timings into excel format?

Posted May 16, 2023 05:09 PM

Thanks Nitin.

But I want to extract all the future scheduled timings for all the applications and for all the jobs and extract this information into XML or EXCEL format. I want to find all the forecast events. Can you please tell me which tables I can refer to get future forecast event details.

• 4.  RE: In D-series how to extract all the application events and their timings into excel format?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 16, 2023 05:15 PM

By future, did you mean next n (n being 10, 20 etc) number of generations?
    If so, then we only store the next generation in DB.  Each time event runs, it will update the next schedule.  The information is in XML format, so you may want to run the Forecast report, see here

HTH,
    Nitin Pande

Support
    Broadcom
    Toronto

• 5.  RE: In D-series how to extract all the application events and their timings into excel format?

Posted May 19, 2023 04:03 AM
    Edited by Antony Beeston May 19, 2023 04:03 AM

Hi, 
    Forecast reports are too slow and when I am not specifying any filter, it keeps on running and gets stuck eventually. I want to see all of Applications' future schedules for all the applications and for all the jobs within these applications. So, please tell me how to get all these data and from which tables. I want to get all the applications' future timings not past timings. If it's in XM: format also, please let me know how to get that XML file and how to load that XML file into some database for easy reading. Please reply soon.

I meant to ask here that, if I want to see what the applications and jobs scheduled for next 7 days or on some date like 30th of month. or I want to know list of applications and jobs along with their timings on future dates.

Please tell some other ways except FORECAST as FORECAST reports are damn slow and these are good for nothing.

• 6.  RE: In D-series how to extract all the application events and their timings into excel format?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 19, 2023 09:00 AM

Like I mentioned, we only keep next schedule run in DB.  That's how DE runs and is the most efficient architecture.  Forecast report run out side of DE, so you can increase memory, but OS must be able to support it.  In Desktop client->Admin Perspective->Topology->Shared Parameters->Internal->Advanced-> maximum memory available to a reporting process(in megabytes). Increase it to 1024.  Also, you need to have at least 25 runs of the application for forecast report.

HTH,
    Nitin Pande

Support
    Broadcom
    Toronto

• 7.  RE: In D-series how to extract all the application events and their timings into excel format?

Posted May 20, 2023 02:29 PM

Tell me the SQL query to extract the next schedule of all the applications and also share the list of tables involved..

• 8.  RE: In D-series how to extract all the application events and their timings into excel format?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 23, 2023 08:52 AM

You will need to work with Forecast report, no query can be provided, it's internal code.

Nitin Pande

Support
    Broadcom
    Toronto

• 9.  RE: In D-series how to extract all the application events and their timings into excel format?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 23, 2023 09:26 AM

You can look more in to listeventschedule CLI command.  Read on it here.

Nitin Pande

Support
    Broadcom
    Toronto

• 10.  RE: In D-series how to extract all the application events and their timings into excel format?

Posted May 24, 2023 05:37 PM

How to rollback to previous version of CA, if CA Agent/Server Upgrade fails?