Symantec IGA

View Only
  • 1.  Difference in usage of JAVA Heap Memory between CA Identity Manager 14.3 and CA Identity Manager 14.4 CP1

Posted Nov 11, 2022 05:05 AM
    Hi IM team,

Please let me ask you some questions.

[Environmnet]
    CA Identity Manager 14.4CP1

[Question]

After upgrading from CA Identity Manager 14.3 to 14.4 CP1 , the warning message "[WARN] Java heap size used by Identity Manager: 1966MB/2048MB (96%)" is displayed on 14.4 CPI.

Please tell me following questions.

Q1.
    Is there any difference in how Java heap memory is used in java between 14.3 and 14.4?

Q2.
    The warning message is now 14.4 CP1.
    Please tell me the possible reason why the warning is displayed.

Best regards,
    Marubun Support

• 2.  RE: Difference in usage of JAVA Heap Memory between CA Identity Manager 14.3 and CA Identity Manager 14.4 CP1

Posted Nov 16, 2022 02:38 AM
    Hi IM team,

I have one more question.
    Please tell me about the following question.

What are the default VM Minimum Heap Size and JVM Maximum Heap Size values set in production mode for 14.3 and 14.4?

Best regards,
    Marubun Support

• 3.  RE: Difference in usage of JAVA Heap Memory between CA Identity Manager 14.3 and CA Identity Manager 14.4 CP1

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 16, 2022 06:35 PM

Hi Marubun Support team,

I don't see any difference in term of vApp monitors Java heap size between IM 14.4 CP1 and IM 14.3 in vApp.

The warning is displayed for obvious reason. The JVM memory is being used up to 96%.

However, I noticed only 2 GB Memory is assigned for IM, which is too small. Did you deploy vApp as Demo/Sandbox deployment? 
    vApp will allocate JVM memory based on selected deployment mode, i.e. Demo/Sandbox or Non-Production/Production modes. Please refer

https://techdocs.broadcom.com/us/en/symantec-security-software/identity-security/identity-suite/14-4/virtual-appliance/installing-virtual-appliance/vmware-deployment.html

Could it be that in vApp 14.3 you have deployed in Non-Production/Production mode, which in vApp 14.4 you have deployed in Demo/Sandbox deployment mode? Or could it be in vApp 14.3 you have increased the allocation of JVM memory?

In Production environment at least you need 8 GB allocated for IM alone. 

------------------------------
    Regards,
    Widjaja
    ====================
    Perhaps there are others in the communities who have experience in doing this and we invite them to comment here also.

Another option may be to reach out to our partner HCL Technologies to see in what way they can assist further. The Enterprise Studio team of HCL can be reached at enterprisestudio@hcl.com. https://www.hcltech.com/enterprise-studio

• 4.  RE: Difference in usage of JAVA Heap Memory between CA Identity Manager 14.3 and CA Identity Manager 14.4 CP1

Posted Nov 16, 2022 07:16 PM
    HI Widjaja-San,

Thank you for your help.
    I will explain your advice to the customer.
    By the way, I would be grateful if you could answer the following question.

What are the default VM Minimum Heap Size and JVM Maximum Heap Size values set in production mode for 14.3 and 14.4?

Best regards,
    Marubun Support

• 5.  RE: Difference in usage of JAVA Heap Memory between CA Identity Manager 14.3 and CA Identity Manager 14.4 CP1

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 16, 2022 09:41 PM
    Hi Marubun Support

The document I have given above (https://techdocs.broadcom.com/us/en/symantec-security-software/identity-security/identity-suite/14-4/virtual-appliance/installing-virtual-appliance/vmware-deployment.html) shows the following. I understand default vApp memory allocation follows this requirements table.

Regards,
    Widjaja
    ====================
    Perhaps there are others in the communities who have experience in doing this and we invite them to comment here also.

Another option may be to reach out to our partner HCL Technologies to see in what way they can assist further. The Enterprise Studio team of HCL can be reached at enterprisestudio@hcl.com. https://www.hcltech.com/enterprise-studio