Automic Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Automic Job to connect and run jobs in JDE

Posted Jan 23, 2023 11:28 AM
    Hi Community,

we have a need to extract the run parameters from database table and Pass those parameters to a JDE job to trigger a report.

This completion will trigger an email to the user distribution list  indicating that the job(s) have been completed and also store the extract(s) in a designated folder.

for this do be done - I have below questions. Appreciate if anyone can help me with this.

1. What does it take to have an Automic job connect to JDE ?
    2. How can this Automic job trigger JDE OnDemand job ?

Regards,
    Shravan Shetty

• 2.  RE: Automic Job to connect and run jobs in JDE

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 24, 2023 02:52 AM
    Hi Shravan,

please have a look at our Agent for JDE.
    https://downloads.automic.com/downloads/advanced_mode?selected_tab=id_search-result-files&lifecycle_entity_id=1409731986380&major_version_id=1650886234599%2C1642062623846%2C1638901556455%2C1542263593731%2C1542263593723&search=

Regards, Markus

• 3.  RE: Automic Job to connect and run jobs in JDE

Posted Jan 24, 2023 07:53 AM
    Hi Markus,

Thankyou for your response!

I can understand we need a JDE agent and a connection to it. 
    I need to know how can I trigger job in JDE from Automic by passing parameters?

Regards,
    Shravan Shetty

• 4.  RE: Automic Job to connect and run jobs in JDE

Posted Jan 25, 2023 10:09 AM

Ok, I made some assumptions and don't dive into too much detail but....

build a workflow that does the following (note: having generate at runtime is important to these jobs)

first run a sql job to do your extract, the post processing can get the value out of your extract (prep_process_report) and push them to the parent workflow (pset)  If you need this extract in a folder you can use the write process to copy the report there.
    A jde agent jobs can inherit the parents variables. and you can used them in data selection or procesiing options overrides. In the post process Prep  process report again) to get the job number and push that to the parent and send and email. 
    A followup OS or File transfer job (depending on the OS of the enterprise server that ran the job)  can use the job number to pull the jde report PDF from its normal output location and move it to a designated folder.

• 5.  RE: Automic Job to connect and run jobs in JDE

Posted Jan 30, 2023 04:39 AM
    Hi Richard,

I don't understand how can I pass the parameters to the JD Edwards - 

below are the 3 inputs need to be provided for getting the reports. these inputs are retrieved through sql job.

can you please explain me ?

Regards,
    Shravan Shetty

• 6.  RE: Automic Job to connect and run jobs in JDE

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 30, 2023 05:53 AM
    Hi,
    after you have installed the Automic JD Edwards agent you will find the section "Data Selection" within a JDE job definition. There you can provide the required parameters.
    Regards, Markus

• 7.  RE: Automic Job to connect and run jobs in JDE

Posted Jan 30, 2023 06:45 AM
    Hi Markus,

should I use variables? or SQL statements directly?

how to provide parameters? these parameters will have different value every month.

Regards,
    Shravan shetty

• 8.  RE: Automic Job to connect and run jobs in JDE

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 30, 2023 07:24 AM
    After specifying Report, Version, Environment and Role please click on the Refresh button in your screenshot. After ghat the "Available Statements" should get filled. Select the Statements that you want to consider, they will be added to "Configured Statements". There you should be able to use an Automic Script Variable in the "Override Value" column.