Continuous Delivery Director

Plugins, Endpoints, Apps: CA Release Automation Continuous Delivery Edition 

Jun 16, 2016 02:23 PM

Using plugins, endpoints and applications, you can extend the capabilities of CA Release Automation Continuous Delivery Edition so it can communicate with other products. To learn more, go to: http://cainc.to/X4J808

Statistics
0 Favorited
0 Files
0 Shares
0 Downloads

Tags and Keywords

Comments

Sep 14, 2016 01:11 AM

ok, thanks for the info.

Creating a Deployment Plan would also be nice, because we have a lot of deployments, where the plan is created like one week before the actual rollout.

Also defining the point up until the deployment should run, would be welcome as well, like you can do it with the REST API, where you can define, that you for example just want to run the predeployment. Which is also a use case for us, because we have some prechecks that run in the predeployment and this gets mostly executed 1-2days before the rest of the rollout

Just bringing it but, not creating an idea for it though, as I know we would have no trouble setting it up with the REST API

Sep 13, 2016 10:46 AM

With 6.2, yes. The team is working on another task for running a process.

Sep 13, 2016 06:57 AM

So, with the Release Automation Endpoint, can I really only just run a deployment and for everything else I would need to call the REST API? At least the run deployment is all I'm getting when wanting to select the task type

Sep 07, 2016 07:41 PM

Thanks for the input, MichaelGebhardt & Archer_Berryman! We will take your feedback into account as we update our content. 

Sep 05, 2016 01:10 AM

yes, that helps, thanks

Sep 02, 2016 12:52 PM

Check these doc pages:

To answer your specific questions:

• The plugin version you're seeing is pretty much meaningless. The plugin supports RA 5.5.1 and above. No need to worry about the version #.
  • The RA plugin registers automatically when you install the plugins on the same server as CDE. You don't have to change any configuration. That manifest file it's pointing to is a plugin descriptor file that the UI needs to display the plugin's functionality.
  • You can set up one RA endpoint per RA server. You don't need multiple endpoints per application. But we do support multiple endpoints if your RA installation has multiple management servers.
  • All the user that you enter for the RA endpoint needs to be able to do is view applications and create/run a deployment. But I don't think it's harmful to use a user with more permissions (like superuser).
  • If you're looking to use the REST  plugin to instrument RA REST API tasks, then yes, you would point it to the REST URL of the RA endpoint (or any RA endpoint). Or you can use the REST plugin to create endpoints that instrument REST operations in other products. It can work with any REST API.

Hope this helps.

Sep 02, 2016 08:55 AM

Hey,

sorry, but I'm not really getting it. Is there a Doc for more information?

- Why is the plug-in version 5.5.2? Do I need to change something in the plugin, because it is pointed to a manifest file on the server where I installed the CDE

- When setting up the CA Release Automation Endpoint, what user is required? should I set up more endpoints for several application? I now entered the superuser and would believe that this endpoint is now capable of doing everything the superuser in CA-RA is allowed to do

- When setting up the REST Endpoint, do I point it to the REST API of the CA-RA instance I used for the CA-RA endpoint?

I mean I was able to import the applications from our CA-RA instance I set up in the endpoint, but some more infos in the video would have been nice, e.g. show the configuration of the endpoints instead of just naming them.

thanks

michael

Jul 22, 2016 03:53 PM

Want to learn more? Check out these additional training resources...

Related Entries and Links

No Related Resource entered.