Document ID: TEC1089608
Interfaces with VRRP configured are picking up the virtual ip address instead of the physical ip address
Interfaces with VRRP configured use multiple ip addresses.
When multiple ip addresses are configured on a single interface, Spectrum selects the higher ip address to populate the ip_address attribute 0x12e6a
3. For the ip address, Spectrum does not care about the VRRP configuration or whether it is a physical or virtual interface.
4. Spectrum does not check if it hsrp, vrrp or EIEIO. It is just an ip address.
5. There is no difference in the behaviour / no check is made to see if it hsrp, vrrp or EIEIO when displaying this ip address column.
6. For this all Spectrum knows is in the ipAddrTable, this interface has two ip addresses configured so it chooses the higher to populate the ip_address attribute 0x12e6a.
7. On the interface on the device you should see that the interface has the 2 ip addresses with one of them marked as the secondary which would then appear lower in the list.
8. The physical ip address should not be the secondary if you want it to be displayed in the ip address column.