DX Application Performance Management

View Only

Remotely manage Java agent files with CLW 

Dec 02, 2014 04:31 PM

The zip file includes some examples of how you can script CLW to remotely manage agent profiles and PBDs.

The one thing you must remember is that the target agent(s) must be up and connected to an EM.

I also show you how you can use the 'keyfile' feature to run CLW instead of using username and password.

Statistics
0 Favorited
1 Files
0 Shares
0 Downloads
Attachment(s)
zip file
Remote_Update.zip   993 B   1 version
Uploaded - May 29, 2019

Tags and Keywords

Comments

Dec 02, 2014 07:13 PM

I actually opened a case years ago about the watchdog process because it would show the password when it was running. My request was that the process show the information when used.

Dec 02, 2014 07:11 PM

Here is the one simple reason to use the keyfile: when you use username and password with CLW, the password is sent cleartext over the wire.

The keyfile option uses the EM public key to communicate with the EM.

No, unfortunately you cannot use it to update files on the EM. It's an update mechanism originally designed so that you can do agent recordings for CEM.

Dec 02, 2014 06:30 PM

Thanks, Cool, Interesting and scary At this point I'll wait for the ACC (which I expect to have some form of "change" audit/accountability log).

Wondering now, can you use CLW to copy files from the MoM config dir (domains, certs, tess config, ...) to its Collectors as well?

This post also reminds me that I did not succeed in convincing the engineer updating the EM's watchdog process to use the "keyfile" instead of user/passwd

Related Entries and Links

No Related Resource entered.