Starting from Nolio ASAP V3.3, each action can run with specific user credentials (Please refer to the installation and administration guide for more information) by providing the relevant user and password credentials.
In some cases, the user we want to run as is powerful user (e.g. root user) where it is password restricted and not available. In those cases we can take the advantage of sudo where system administrator give to the Nolio user the ability to run some (or all) commands as root while logging all commands and arguments.
The following steps described the additional steps required to support sudo method (In additional to the minimal requirement to run action as another user), and should be done on every Nolio agent you want to use this method
1. Make sure Nolio user configured in the /etc/sudoers
2. Nolio user should not require tty settings in /etc/sudoers (e.g "Defaults !requiretty" will be enabled, and "Defaults requiretty" will be commented out)
Nolio Agent settings
1. Copy the attached "SudoActionsRunner.sh" file (at the bottom of this KB) to Nolio Agent install directory.
2. Modify (Nolio Agent install directory)/conf/processes.properties and update the following argument to cmd.to.execute=./SudoActionsRunner.sh
3. Restart Nolio Agent: From (Nolio Agent install directory0 run ./deployer_daemon.sh restart
1. The username will be the user you would like to use to execute the command
2. The password will be the password of the Nolio user
3. Simple example:
i. Nolio daemon running with nolioadm user
ii. Nolio deamon user password is PassWord
iii. I would like to run script as user wlsadmin
In this case I will configure the username as wlsadmin and the password will be PassWord.
This document was generated from the following discussion: The specified item was not found.