DX Application Performance Management

View Only

CEM - Calculate Availability % Per Business Transaction 

Nov 11, 2014 06:32 PM

An updated version, for APM 9.6, of the previously released calculators for v8 and v9.

RTTM metric names changed and now provides the metrics needed without having to create them using Management Module calculators for processing.

Statistics
0 Favorited
1 Files
0 Shares
0 Downloads
Attachment(s)
zip file
Calculate_Availability_Percentage_v96.zip   2 KB   1 version
Uploaded - May 29, 2019

Tags and Keywords

Comments

Jun 27, 2015 10:42 AM

I've just uploaded a version I've written for APM 9.7 to the APM Dev community - where the javascript calculator examples are available.  The moderator needs to approve first.  Hopefully it helps.  I a rookie at posting information here so I apologize if anything is out of whack.  Here is what I posted...

CEMSuccessCalc.zip for APM 9.7

created by Todd Hall on Jun 27, 2015 7:35 AM, last modified by Todd Hall on Jun 27, 2015 7:35 AM

Version 1

Here is the specific portion from the Release Notes for APM 9.7 that speak to the TESS Agent no longer being used in the Investigator tree (which I’ve highlighted):

Enhanced RTTM by User Group

Real-time transaction metrics (RTTM) provide real-time information about the end-user experience before that experience degrades to the point that an incident is created. Using CA CEM, you can now organize the RTTM metrics by user group. This functionality lets you capture more effective and meaningful business metrics.

You use the CA CEM administrator options to enable and configure RTTM parameters and to alias one or more CEM user groups to more readable names. CA CEM provides these configurations to the Transaction Impact Monitor (TIM). Based on the business transaction definitions and RTTM configuration settings, the TIM optionally records data about recent transactions. This data appears as metrics in WebView, so you can monitor business transactions for performance issues in real time.

After you enable RTTM data and options, the TIM collects the following data for each observed instance of a business transaction definition:

• The business transaction definition ID (always sent).
  • The user group.

WebView support the following features:

• A separate CEM Applications node instead of a single TESS Agent node for all applications.
  • Under each business transaction, if reporting by user group is enabled, metrics are sorted by user groups and their rules for the alias defined in the CA CEM Administrator UI.

Jun 27, 2015 09:56 AM

Possible to get an update of this calculator for 9.7?  Metric tree has changed quite a bit for RTTM.  thanks

Dec 19, 2014 01:54 AM

This is appropriate for the APM Dev community. Please take a look at how to submit your code there.

Dec 17, 2014 09:47 AM

This looks great.  I wrote a version to do something similar back in December 2013, but it also rolls up success, transactions and defects to the service and overall TESS agent levels.  It there a way I could upload the script and some documentation with it to this page for your consideration to include in the wiki?  I don't see an option for uploading a file for this specific document.  I don't share much, but maybe I should start!

Related Entries and Links

No Related Resource entered.