Workload Automation

View Only

Upgrade to WAAE 11.3.6 SP6 

Oct 24, 2017 09:52 PM

In upgrading to WAAE 11.3.6 SP6 and WCC 11.4 SP5 we encountered some problems with upgrading the 32bit EEM and the 32 bit igateway (command sponsor).

The system:  an EEM/WCC Server and a WAAE Server. both Windows 12 Servers

The detail of the procedure for the upgrade is in the attached document, the essential steps:

On the EEM/WCC Server

export the EEM data to an LDIF

uninstall EEM

reinstall EEM

import the LDIF

On the WAAE Server

regenerate certificates

uninstall Command Sponsor

install the new command sponsor

run the WAAE upgrade

On the EEM/WCC Server

run the WCC upgrade

Apply patches (both servers)

Statistics
0 Favorited
1 Files
0 Shares
3 Downloads
Attachment(s)
pdf file
WAAE example Upgrade Procedure11.3.6.x to 11.3.6 SP6.pdf   217 KB   1 version
Uploaded - May 29, 2019

Tags and Keywords

Comments

Oct 30, 2017 04:25 AM

Hi Rahim,

you could upgrade WCC before WAAE, as we intended to have both WCC and WAAE upgraded before using workload again the order of WCC and WAAE did not matter.

The manual uninstall/reinstall for EEM and Command Sponsor come about because the installer upgrade did not cope with the 32bit CA iTechnology iGateway.

regards

Paul

Oct 26, 2017 03:07 PM

Get CUMULATIVE 1 patch!

Steve C.

Oct 26, 2017 02:44 PM

I am prepping up for a similar upgrade:

(note:  EEM and WCC on the same host WinNT6.1 Server, WAAE on AIX 163)

Per the documents in docops, the sequence  of upgrade is mentioned as first upgrade EEM then WCC and last WAAE.

I noticed that sequence here is first EEM, then WAAE and last WCC.

• why so?
  • Do an install and re-install required? or can I do a select "Upgrade" option by executing the installers? 

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Rahim

Oct 25, 2017 12:04 AM

If EEM is all by itself on a separate Windows server, then AE Command Sponsor component isn't expected to be available/installed on that server.

The need for a manual uninstall/reinstall is mainly warranted by the presence of this Command Sponsor which by default installs a 32bit CA iTechnology iGateway. EEM 12.51 CR05 bundled with AE 11.3.6 SP6 (Common Components) is 64bit and hence requires 64bit iGateway.

If existing EEM 12.x is 64bit already, then the upgrade to 12.51 CR05 is in-place. If EEM is 32bit, then the procedure documented holds good, sans the Command Sponsor bits.

Thanks & Regards,

Chandru

Oct 24, 2017 11:57 PM

I have not tried a EEM only upgrade recently, so I am not sure how it responds.  I expect it may just be the presence of the WAAE SDK that complicates the upgrade. 

Oct 24, 2017 10:51 PM

is this an issue because EEM is installed on the same server as WCC and/or installed on a 2012 server?  What if EEM is installed on a separate server as is AE and WCC, would we still have to follow these steps?

Related Entries and Links

No Related Resource entered.