Test Data Manager

View Only

TDM DB2 Connectivity -  [IBM][CLI Driver] SQL1031N Error 

Oct 02, 2017 12:10 PM

Recently, I was trying to work on IBM DB2 database and establish a connection to this through TDM and I received the below error message. After a lot of research I managed to solve this issue so adding this information here that it can be useful to others.

Error Message

[IBM][CLI Driver] SQL1031N  The database directory cannot be found on the indicated file system. SQLSTATE=58031

Symptom

It sounds like the error is something to do with the database itself. However, in fact, the resolution for this issue has nothing to do about the database itself. It is related with the client environment that is trying to connect to the DB2 database server.

The following is the scenario when I faced this issue.

• The window ODBC configuration was setup correctly and I received ” Connection Tested Successfully” on testing the connection.
  • When you try to connect the same ODBC connection in Datamaker the above error is returned.

Resolution

• Go to Start-> Run. Type compmgmt.msc.  It will lead you to computer manager.
  • Go to Local User and Groups -> Groups, click on DB2ADMNS.
  • Add name of user logged into windows on it. Click OK to apply.
  • Click on DB2USERS. Add same user into it. Click OK to apply.
  • After this, log off from the machine and log back in. This is important else it will not work.

Thanks,

Anil

Statistics
0 Favorited
0 Files
0 Shares
0 Downloads

Tags and Keywords

Comments

Oct 16, 2017 12:46 PM

Thanks Ken. Just to note that the license is only needed for DB2 z/OS and not if you are running DB2 on LUW.

Oct 16, 2017 12:04 PM

DB2 Connections seem to be much trickier than others. Don't forget to activate the license on the DB2 client if you see licensing errors. The IBM notes on resolving license issues can be found here: IBM DB2 JDBC driver is not licensed for connectivity by file db2jcc_license_cisuz.jar ERRORCODE=-4472 SQLSTATE=42968 - U…  

Oct 11, 2017 08:48 AM

That's great Taylor. Thank you 

Regards,

Anil

Oct 10, 2017 12:21 PM

Hi Anil, 

I really appreciate you writing this up. I have created a knowledge base article from this so users can see it in our knowledge base as well. 

TDM knowledge base: https://support.ca.com/us/product-information/ca-test-data-manager.html?d=t&type=Knowledge?d=t&type=Knowledge  

Search for TEC1198559.

I just published it so you may not see it on the site until Oct. 11th. 

Best regards,

Taylor

Related Entries and Links

No Related Resource entered.