Recently, I was trying to work on IBM DB2 database and establish a connection to this through TDM and I received the below error message. After a lot of research I managed to solve this issue so adding this information here that it can be useful to others.
[IBM][CLI Driver] SQL1031N The database directory cannot be found on the indicated file system. SQLSTATE=58031
It sounds like the error is something to do with the database itself. However, in fact, the resolution for this issue has nothing to do about the database itself. It is related with the client environment that is trying to connect to the DB2 database server.
The following is the scenario when I faced this issue.
- The window ODBC configuration was setup correctly and I received ” Connection Tested Successfully” on testing the connection.
- When you try to connect the same ODBC connection in Datamaker the above error is returned.
- Go to Start-> Run. Type compmgmt.msc. It will lead you to computer manager.
- Go to Local User and Groups -> Groups, click on DB2ADMNS.
- Add name of user logged into windows on it. Click OK to apply.
- Click on DB2USERS. Add same user into it. Click OK to apply.
- After this, log off from the machine and log back in. This is important else it will not work.