CA Service Management

View Only

A log reader built into the tool? YEA!! 

Dec 08, 2018 08:26 PM

If you are tired of having to access the application servers of the CA Service Desk Manager (SDM) tool to query the log files, do not miss this video. This customization was done using the languages PERL, Spel, HTML and Javascript.

Enjoy!

Statistics
0 Favorited
0 Files
0 Shares
0 Downloads

Tags and Keywords

Comments

Dec 17, 2018 06:33 AM

I send the source code by email.

Dec 16, 2018 06:04 PM

I'll PM you to discuss.

Kyle_R.

Dec 14, 2018 12:02 PM

Kyle,

This is not a proof of concept. It is already fully functional.
I'd like to release the code but I have not yet been able to package it so that other customizations of mine are removed from the source code.
But I really would like CA to incorporate these improvements into the native version of the product. I have been developing several administrative interfaces for several months that would be very useful for all users of the tool. I'm even developing a feature called "Diagnostics" that automatically identifies configuration problems in the installation and gives suggestions to increase system performance according to environment usage parameters. If someone from the engineering team's AC saw this, he would certainly be impressed by the results. I just can not do more nowadays because of some Spel API limitations that are poorly documented by CA. Luckily the PERL language has helped me a lot to remedy the shortcomings of the Spel language.
As for making the source code available, maybe someday I'll have time to pack all those improvements.

Dec 13, 2018 06:52 PM

Hello Daniel,

Is this just a proof-of-concept demo, or do you have files and instructions to share on how to implement this for other ITSM 17.1 sites that want to try this?

Thanks, Kyle_R.

Dec 10, 2018 06:06 PM

Thanks Raghu!

Dec 10, 2018 04:39 PM

Great tool Daniel !

_R

Related Entries and Links

No Related Resource entered.