Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  how to add a row number to an ad-hoc view

Posted Jun 24, 2019 12:36 PM
    I am able to create an ad-hoc view, sort it, and add a calculated column.

I am having trouble figuring out how to add a row number to the output. Is that possible?

• 2.  RE: how to add a row number to an ad-hoc view

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 25, 2019 11:03 AM
    I believe this is feasible in studio report and not adhoc, adhoc report you dont have any option to control the data fetch.

------------------------------
    Thanks & Regards
    Suman Pramanik
    Principal Support Engineer | Customer Success & Support, Enterprise Software Division
    Broadcom

• 3.  RE: how to add a row number to an ad-hoc view

Posted Jun 25, 2019 02:09 PM
    Is there no way with calculated columns? 

Also, I am new to this product and this forum/community. Do you know the best place I can ask questions about calculated column formulas and dates? I have a date column but it only lets me format date as m/d/yy. I want to format as yyyy-mm-dd and I am not sure how best to do that.

• 4.  RE: how to add a row number to an ad-hoc view

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 26, 2019 09:48 AM
    You can take a look at this look and we have some best practices and trainings https://docops.ca.com/ca-ppm/15-6-1/en/advanced-reporting-with-jaspersoft

Also in Adhoc view there is a limitation on the data formatting, what you see in the UI is that is something available. 

Thanks & Regards
    Suman Pramanik
    Principal Support Engineer | Customer Success & Support, Enterprise Software Division
    Broadcom

• 5.  RE: how to add a row number to an ad-hoc view

Posted Jun 26, 2019 11:14 AM
    I have read through many of the documents/guides and taken some of the training but none cover what I am after. Hopefully someone in this forum can help/guide me. Fingers crossed.

• 6.  RE: how to add a row number to an ad-hoc view
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 27, 2019 11:37 AM
    You can use Rank function and a key fields as parameter, for example in project domain create a calculated field and write Rank("Project Key").
    It works.

Pierluigi

Operation Manager
    Beta80