Layer7 API Management

View Only
  • 1.  Synchronizing Multiple Gateway Instances

Posted Apr 08, 2016 06:10 PM
      |   view attached

Hi there,

I read a blog recently on integrating multiple Gateways with single API Portal.

To perform this kind of integration, connect API Portal to one instance of gateway and synchronize all the commands made from Portal to the Gateway across all the other Gateways. In other words, Sync between different instances of Gateway in order to synchronize all the commands made from Portal to one Gateway.

Can anyone please share how this kind of synchronization can be performed. I have attached a picture for better understanding.

Thank you.

• 2.  Re: Synchronizing Multiple Gateway Instances

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 17, 2016 11:45 PM

Hi,

It looks cool, but would you think of a structure like this,

apiportal -- load balancer --  multiple gateways -- same ssg DB (setup replication with another DB)

You don't need sync in this way, could be easier for implementation.

(Please note that any of those structures is beyond the scope of support. You might need to engage CA Sales/Services for solution )

Regards,

Mark

• 3.  Re: Synchronizing Multiple Gateway Instances

Posted Apr 18, 2016 09:11 AM

Hi Mark,

Can you please expand little more on the structure you mentioned apiportal -- load balancer --  multiple gateways -- same ssg DB (setup replication with another DB).

If the multiple gateways are using the same ssg database then they will be under same cluster. My requirement is to use a single apiportal for multiple gateway clusters in multiple environments (for example, Dev, test, stage).

Thank you.

• 4.  Re: Synchronizing Multiple Gateway Instances

Posted Apr 18, 2016 06:03 PM

Hi Sravankanumuri,

Officially, an API Developer Portal only supports one API Gateway cluster. It is not supported to have the one API Developer Portal communicate with multiple API Gateway clusters. If you want the API Developer Portal to communicate with multiple API Gateway clusters, I believe it can be done through other means using CA Services (a for-fee service outside of CA Support). Any customizations done by CA Services are supported by that team.

If you wish to go down that route with CA Services, you will want to get in touch with your CA Account Executive to get the process started. If you are unsure who that is, you can send an email to API-Sales@ca.com and provide them with all your contact information and company name, and they can work with you to get you in touch with your CA Account Executive. More information on CA Services can be found here as well.

Sincerely,

Dustin Dauncey

Support Engineer, Global Customer Success

Email: API-Support@ca.com

Phone: +1 800 225 5224

Outside of North America - ca.com/us/worldwide.aspx

CA API Management Community: ca.com/talkapi

• 5.  Re: Synchronizing Multiple Gateway Instances

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 18, 2016 07:01 PM

Hi Sravankanumuri,

Just for discussion.

Connect apiportal to multiple gw is usually due to performance/HA concern.

I don't see any reason to connect one apiportal to multiple env(Dev, test, stage...), those env are expected to be separated.

apiportal can only connect to one gateway, this is by design. A load balancer is regarded as one virtual gateway. That's how it works.

As Dustin said, any of those solutions needs to be done by CA Services team, and only supported by them. (ie. if any problem of those implementations, you can NOT get support from CA Support team).

Regards,

Mark