DX NetOps

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Unable to Start Spectrum due to Spectrum database not gracefully closed. 

• 1.  Unable to Start Spectrum due to Spectrum database not gracefully closed. 

Posted Nov 08, 2017 07:25 PM

Hi,

We are running into an issue where the spectro server was not shutdown properly. The Spectro Server runs on Windows 2012. We only have one Spectro Server and One Click is on a seperate Windows 2012 server.

When I try to bring up the application, I am seeing this error message 

ERROR: This application has been started using a Spectrum database which was not gracefully closed.  The application will now shut down to allow you to load and initialize a previously-saved good database.

Unfortunately I hadn't configured the daily backups on this server as this was recently rebuilt. Is there a way, I can run a command to manually create a ssdb backup and then load the database.

Thanks,

Arnab

• 2.  Re: Unable to Start Spectrum due to Spectrum database not gracefully closed. 

Posted Nov 08, 2017 07:58 PM

I am doing a ddm_save however that is taking long to complete. Is there a way, I can run a command to backup only the Models. I am not too concerned about the Events in the Archive Manager.

• 3.  Re: Unable to Start Spectrum due to Spectrum database not gracefully closed. 

Posted Nov 08, 2017 09:42 PM

You can run SSdbsave with -models option to save only the models 

SSdbsave - CA Spectrum - 10.2 to 10.2.2 - CA Technologies Documentation 

• 4.  Re: Unable to Start Spectrum due to Spectrum database not gracefully closed. 

Posted Nov 08, 2017 10:44 PM

Thanks Phani, I am seeing an error below.

• 5.  Re: Unable to Start Spectrum due to Spectrum database not gracefully closed. 

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 08, 2017 09:45 PM

Hi Arnab,

If the SSdb is detected as being corrupted and therefore prevents the SpectroSERVER from starting, then its unlikely you'll be a able to make a good backup of it. However, you can try saving just the models information from the command line as follows;

1. Run bash -login
    2. cd $SPECROOT/SS (Note: you need to run the command from this directory)
    3. Run;  ../SS-Tools/SSdbsave -models db_backup_models.ssdb 

(Note: You can use any name for the save file, the example above uses db_backup_models.ssdb, located in the  $SPECROOT/SS directory)

You should see output indicating a successful save. For example;

Number of Models saved : 342

SSdbsave has successfully saved the database model information as db_backup_models.ssdb.SSdb .
    This file can be loaded with version 10.2.1.000 of SSdbload.

• 6.  Re: Unable to Start Spectrum due to Spectrum database not gracefully closed. 

Posted Nov 08, 2017 10:44 PM

Thank you Mohammed, I am seeing this error when I try to run the command.

> ./SSdbsave -models db_backup_models.ssdb
    SPC-SHD-29021:
    The following output is intended to facilitate debugging, please forward
    to CA technical support. The files listed are not part of the customer
    installation of SPECTRUM.

Nov 08 22:41:35 ERROR TRACE at CsSSDbRp.cc(658): table open failed @ TableImpl
    .cc:661
    (0x2) Db::open: No such file or directory

SPC-DBS-20095: d:\app-spec\SS-Tools\SSdbsave.exe Error: Unable to open databas
    e.

• 7.  Re: Unable to Start Spectrum due to Spectrum database not gracefully closed. 

Posted Nov 08, 2017 10:57 PM

Looks like you are running ssdb from incorrect folder , check below 

Unable to run SSdbload - Getting errors when running SSdbsave database backup from CLI 

• 8.  Re: Unable to Start Spectrum due to Spectrum database not gracefully closed. 

Posted Nov 09, 2017 10:22 AM

I am seeing this error when I try to do save. Please advise.

dotstonm265%/d/app-spec/SS
    > ../SS-Tools/SSdbsave -cm db_example
    ERROR: This application has been started using a Spectrum database
    which was not gracefully closed. The application will now shut down
    to allow you to load and initialize a previously-saved good database.

SPC-DBS-20095: d:\app-spec\SS-Tools\SSdbsave.exe Error: Unable to open database.

• 9.  Re: Unable to Start Spectrum due to Spectrum database not gracefully closed. 

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 09, 2017 10:37 AM
      |   view attached

Unfortunately you cannot save a corrupted database ☹

• 10.  Re: Unable to Start Spectrum due to Spectrum database not gracefully closed. 

Posted Nov 09, 2017 11:02 AM

Jason,

Thank you for your reply. I have a database backup which is 10.2.0, however the version of Spectrum I have is 10.2.1 Is there a utility I can use to migrate the database backup on 10.2.0 to 10.2.1 so I can import it?

Thanks,

Arnab

• 11.  Re: Unable to Start Spectrum due to Spectrum database not gracefully closed. 

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 09, 2017 11:15 AM

Hi Arnab,

Yes, you can load the models only from the 10.2.0 into the 10.2.1 database.  One thing to note though, is that your catalog will be out of sync if you are in a Distributed SS environment.  (If you are not in a DSS, just do steps 4, 5a, 5c, 6, and 7).

So here's what you can do:

1.  Take a backup on the MLS and copy that save file to this crashed SS.  Put it in the SS-DB-Backup directory (and rename it to have MLS in the name if you want so you aren't confused as to what that was in the future).

2.  Unzip the MLS SSdb on the crashed SS.  Put it in the SS-DB-Backup directory

3.  Unzip your 10.2.0 SSdb save file

4.  Remove the $SPECROOT/SS/.VNMDB.LOCK file

5  From the SS directory, run the following from a bash -login:

a.  ../SS-Tools/SSdbload -il legacy

b.  ./SS-Tools/SSdbload -c ../SS-DB-Backup/MLSsavefilefromstep1

c.  ./SS-Tools/SSdbload -m ../SS-DB-Backup/thesavefilefrom10.2.0fromstep3

Once complete, you can manually save it if you want:

6.  ./SS-Tools/SSdbsave -cm ../SS-DB-Backup/2017-11-09_backup.SSdb

7.  Start the SS

Cheers

Jay