IT Process Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Gateway Timeout Error when open ITPAM Console

Posted Jan 03, 2017 08:47 AM
      |   view attached

Hi,

ITPAM server has been restarted, After that I tried opening ITPAM Console and entered the credential, but I got "Gateway Timeout" error . The ITPAM server is up and the orchestrator is running properly . I have attached the screenshot of c2o log error .

Please help in resolving this issue .

Thanks in Advance.

Sugasini

Attachment(s)

zip
    c2olog.txt.zip   1.04 MB 1 version

• 2.  Re: Gateway Timeout Error when open ITPAM Console

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 03, 2017 08:58 AM

The Screenshots do not provide enough detail to assist you.   You will need to provide the entire log file, or better yet open a support case and have the support team assist you directly.

• 3.  Re: Gateway Timeout Error when open ITPAM Console

Posted Jan 03, 2017 09:17 AM

Thanks Michael!!

I have attached the complete log file for your reference.

• 4.  Re: Gateway Timeout Error when open ITPAM Console
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 03, 2017 09:27 AM

You are having a port conflict:

2017-01-03 06:06:42,795 ERROR [com.optinuity.c2o.transport.TransportServer] [ Initialization] Exception starting server
    java.net.BindException: Address already in use: bind
     at sun.nio.ch.Net.bind0(Native Method)
     at com.optinuity.c2o.c2oserver.ServerManager.initializeFullServer(ServerManager.java:547)
     at com.ca.pam.frontcontroller.ConfiguratorServlet$1.run(ConfiguratorServlet.java:41)
    2017-01-03 06:06:42,795 ERROR [com.optinuity.c2o.c2oserver.ServerManager] [ Initialization] Exception occurred while booting up the Server
    com.optinuity.c2o.util.C2OException: Failed to start Transport Server - Could not start server

I would try simply rebooting the server to make sure Process Automation isn't hung and holding open one of the ports.   If that doesn't correct it you can increase the logging level to INFO level per the following knowledge document:

Increase logging levels, file size and rollover for PAM logs

The increase logging level should show more detail about what port is already in use.

• 5.  Re: Gateway Timeout Error when open ITPAM Console

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 03, 2017 09:37 AM

As Michael mentioned, when you see an "Address already in use" message it is normally caused by a port already in use.  For example PAM would report:

"Address already in use: host:8009"

You could run netstat -a and work with your network team to find the port already in use and disable it so PAM could use it or rerun the install and change the port PAM uses to an open port.

Your log is showing java.net.BindException: Address already in use: bind

It is not showing which port is in use.  The "Address already in use: bind" is normally caused by port 80 being used.  By default IIS uses port 80.  Check to see if IIS is being used or started on this system.  Stop the W3SVC service and set the service to manual.  Reboot, confirm the W3SVC service is stopped and start PAM.

Thank you!

~Scott Owens

Previous solution for same issue found here:  https://communities.ca.com/message/241898710?et=watches.email.outcome#comment-241898710