DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  Spectrum & CA Sd integration

Posted Nov 27, 2017 02:15 AM

Hi Team,

We have integrated CA Spectrum and CA ServiceDesk in our environment. We have discovered the devices and we have segregated them on basis of locations (like a,b,c,d). 
    We have created the categories as per location like for eg;

a.camera down
    b.camera down
    c.camera down

a.not pinging
    b.not pinging 
    c.not pinging

we need to achieve the following:  If the camera of location "a" goes down, then the respective ticket should be created under the a.camera down, similarly for other location.

Can some1 guide me how to do the same?

• 2.  Re: Spectrum & CA Sd integration

Posted Nov 27, 2017 02:21 AM

Hi,

Try configuring SANM with CA Service Desk Manager following the below link and see if this helps:

https://docops.ca.com/ca-spectrum/10-2-2/en/integrating/ca-service-desk-and-ca-spectrum/using-the-integration/using-sanm-with-ca-service-desk-manager

• 3.  Re: Spectrum & CA Sd integration

Posted Nov 27, 2017 02:50 AM

Hi Sirha,

Thanks for the link, i went through the same, but I believe the above requirement cannot be handled with SANM.

Please correct me if wrong.

Thanks

• 4.  Re: Spectrum & CA Sd integration

Posted Nov 27, 2017 04:09 AM

Is that CA Service Desk or another SD?

• 5.  Re: Spectrum & CA Sd integration

Posted Nov 27, 2017 04:28 AM

It is CA Service Desk r14.1

• 6.  Re: Spectrum & CA Sd integration

Posted Nov 27, 2017 05:08 AM

• 7.  Re: Spectrum & CA Sd integration
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 28, 2017 01:37 AM

Hi CatalinF, I went through the document and it states how to create rules to assign a ticket to the Groups.

But couldn't find how to redirect the tickets to a specific category. Also had few queries as mentioned below:

1. I believe <sd-userid> is used for group, similarly what needs to be used for category?

2. What is the difference between attribute id,model id, event id, alarm id?

3. From where do we get the alarm value? like in doc its mentioned 0x119d3,0x10306

Thanks