DX NetOps

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Information about CA Spectrum related to CA eHealth

• 1.  Information about CA Spectrum related to CA eHealth

Posted Feb 05, 2018 06:39 AM

Hi,

We have few questions and need your help for the following one's:

1. Is CA Spectrum agent or agentless monitoring.

2. We are using CA eHealth to monitor the network devices. will CA Spectrum monitor the network devices such as router, switch, proxies, firewalls, etc.

3. What is the difference between CA eHealth and Spectrum

4. Can we use CA Spectrum as a replacement of eHealth?

5. Is spectrum an Event Management tool? to recieve traps, processed , and converts an alert?.

6. Does Spectrum have reporting capability.

I would appreciate if you provide your inputs.

Thanks.

• 2.  Re: Information about CA Spectrum related to CA eHealth
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 05, 2018 10:47 AM

Hi,

Here are the answer I can communicate right now:

1. Is CA Spectrum agent or agentless monitoring.

==> Agentless but relying on SNMP. I mean, there are no dedicated "Spectrum agent" but Spectrum talks through the SNMP protocols to devices.

2. We are using CA eHealth to monitor the network devices. will CA Spectrum monitor the network devices such as router, switch, proxies, firewalls, etc.

==> CA Spectrum *is* the solution to do Fault Management on devices. eHealth is more on the Performance Management side. Spectrum will handle SNMP Traps and check that devices are operating without faults. It will keep a near real-time image of the network. But it won't keep any "history" in terms of performance and so on. Both tools are complementary (and eHealth is now replaced by CA Performance Management - CA PM - if you need details on the migration and so on, feel free to reach CA Services out).

3. What is the difference between CA eHealth and Spectrum

==> As explained just before, CA Spectrum is a Fault Manager, CA eHealth is a Perf. Manager.

4. Can we use CA Spectrum as a replacement of eHealth?

==> I would say yes or no... Depending on the usage you had on eHealth. Usually, you cannot replace eHealth by Spectrum, but if you were only using LiveException and no performance data (which is very unlikely) that could work. The replacement tool for eHealth is PM.

5. Is spectrum an Event Management tool? to recieve traps, processed , and converts an alert?.

==> Yes absolutely! It can discover the network, display topology, show events and alarms, group devices, show you extended information on them, do root cause analysis...

6. Does Spectrum have reporting capability.

==> If you install the module SRM (Spectrum Report Manager) which is packaged in most of the offers, yes, you can have reporting on alarms, events, inventory and so on.

I heavily recommend you have a look at https://www.ca.com/us/products/ca-spectrum.html  and download the datasheet with all the product information!

If you need any help or have any more questions, feel free to reach CA Services or CA commercial teams!