Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  Product Announcement - Advanced Filtering

Posted Jun 14, 2018 11:51 AM

We are excited to announce the release of Advanced Filtering on our latest pages.  Team Board, Work Views, QDP Collections, and Quality Management all allow users to dive deeper into their data than ever before.  You can now filter on date ranges, contains text, != (not equal to), and much more!

To enable advanced filter mode, click the "Advanced Filters" button on the filter subtray:

Any Quick Filters you have already defined will be converted into their Advanced Filter equivalent.  Then add any additional filters you desire using "Add Filter"

Give it a try and let us know if you have any questions or feedback!

• 2.  Re: Product Announcement: Advanced Filtering

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 14, 2018 11:55 AM

Great enhancement.

• 3.  Re: Product Announcement: Advanced Filtering

Posted Jun 14, 2018 12:49 PM

This is great news, so excited!!

• 4.  Re: Product Announcement: Advanced Filtering

Posted Jun 14, 2018 01:38 PM

• 5.  Re: Product Announcement: Advanced Filtering

Posted Jun 14, 2018 04:31 PM

This is great!  While playing with it, I also found the new Group By feature!  It would be great if you could Group By parents - for example if I'm looking at Features, I'd love to group by the next level up in the Portfolio.  Might be challenging since you can include multiple layers of data, but it would be a cool add if possible.

Now please can we SHARE our work views?   Keep the good stuff coming!

• 6.  Re: Product Announcement: Advanced Filtering

Posted Jun 15, 2018 06:12 PM

I can't seem to filter date fields on Null. For example, if I want to see portfolio items where I haven't yet filled in the Planned Start and End dates.  Is this possible now or (I hope!) a coming addition?

• 7.  Re: Product Announcement - Advanced Filtering

Posted Jun 20, 2018 11:17 AM

Liking this a lot for Work Views, and am already proselytising about it around our office.

Doing less well with Quality Management, where searches desperately need to penetrate down into the Test Folder hierarchy in order to be of much use to us.

And forgive the dumb end user question, but how do I get to work with QDP Collections?  Are they specific to Custom Apps?

• 8.  Re: Product Announcement - Advanced Filtering

Posted Jun 20, 2018 11:44 AM

QDP Collections are accessed through the Quick Detail Page.  Clicking on the Collection icons at the top of the QDP will open up a table in the main page, that shows the collection contents.  

• 9.  Re: Product Announcement - Advanced Filtering

Posted Jun 20, 2018 12:32 PM

Thanks, koean04.  I use them, I just didn't know they had a name.  I'm up to speed now.  
    It adds a slightly new gloss to think of my Test Cases as including Collections of Steps, of Results, etc.

(Though I think my Test Folders' 'Test Run' button may be an exception.  It's very welcome up there, but a slightly different breed.)

• 10.  Re: Product Announcement - Advanced Filtering

Posted Jul 30, 2018 06:24 AM

Thanks adding this feature!

We're waiting it to use the work view pages. Have you planned to add also the match filter like the filters on the portfolio page ? We often need to filter with the custom filter, and with or filters...

Thanks,

• 11.  Re: Product Announcement - Advanced Filtering

Posted Aug 13, 2018 06:01 PM

This is on the way!