CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Multiple AD integration with CA EEM.

Posted Nov 25, 2015 02:37 AM

Dear Team,

We are using the CA EEM release (8.4.405) and its already integrated with one Active Directory. Now i got an requirement to integrate with multiple AD and I don't see any option in CA EEM GUI.

Let say if we have two Microsoft AD in the different network domain then how to integrate with CA EEM.

Please help me how can we setup this integration.

Thanks,

MAnish

• 2.  Re: Multiple AD integration with CA EEM.

Posted Nov 25, 2015 02:53 AM

Multiple AD domains are supported starting with CA EEM 12.5.1, an upgrade to CA EEM to this version would allow you to integrate with multiple AD Domains.

• 3.  Re: Multiple AD integration with CA EEM.

Posted Nov 30, 2015 06:41 AM

Hi Mitrana,

Thanks for your response.

I have downloaded the CA SD 12.7 media and now when i am trying to install it in CA EEM box then it throws an error 'Backup failed -Failed to take backup of existing installation'.

Can anyone help me out how to resolve this issue or share a tech doc which has all the steps how to upgrade the CA EEM from 8.4 to 12. version.

Thanks,

MAnish

• 4.  Re: Multiple AD integration with CA EEM.

Posted Nov 30, 2015 07:07 AM

Hi Manish

If you are running SDM 12.7, then you won't be able to use the multiple AD functionality from EEM 12.

This functionality is fully supported by SDM 12.9 CF1 or higher with EEM 12.51.

For SDM 12.7 you need to follow the steps from this tecdoc - running EEM 8.4:

TEC485437

Hope this helps.

Sandra

• 5.  Re: Multiple AD integration with CA EEM.

Posted Nov 30, 2015 07:38 AM

Hi Sandra,

Thanks for sharing the valuable info.

I am using the CA SD 12.6 version and CA EEM 8.4 version.Now I got an requirement to integrate the CA EEM with multiple domain AD.

Let say we have two MS AD in the different domain and i want to integrate the same in CA EEM.

As I understood that CA EEM 8.4 doesn't support so this can be done only via Dxlink. The second option is if we upgrade the CA EEM version to 12.5.1 then also can it be done?

I am more interested in this upgrade because it will show all the option in GUI itself and easier for us to integrate.

But if we upgrade the CA EEM , will it impact the CA SD 12.6 version and PAM 4.0 SP01?

Please help me how to proceed further on this.

Thanks,

MAnish

• 6.  Re: Multiple AD integration with CA EEM.

Posted Nov 30, 2015 08:53 AM

MAnish

You will need to upgrade all the products then: EEM, PAM and SDM. It's not going to work upgrading only EEM.

Sandra

• 7.  Re: Multiple AD integration with CA EEM.

Posted Dec 01, 2015 02:32 AM

Hi Sandra,

I understand, upgrade has the solution for this requirement but It's time consuming task as well as involve so many infrastructure related requirements and can't upgrade the products only for this requirement.

I am looking for another solution to fulfill this requirement. I found, we can establish the communication with multiple domain AD via DXlink.

But not sure how to setup this, Can one one please help me out.

Thanks,

MAnish

• 8.  Re: Multiple AD integration with CA EEM.

Posted Dec 01, 2015 08:04 AM

Hi,

While configuring the DXlink , I am getting the syntax not  right error on line 1 in the LDAP_1.dxc file.

And when i am checking the file,it seems 'prefix' parameter value is not in correct format.

I am not sure how to define this prefix value in the .dxc file, Let say we have the Base DN of LDAP is "DC=abc, DC=Corp, DC=net".

Then what value and in which format should be mention against the prefix parameter.

Please help me out.

Thanks,

Manish

• 9.  Re: Multiple AD integration with CA EEM.
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 03, 2015 06:06 AM

Hi,

I have upgraded the CA EEM 8.4 to 12.0 version and now i can see the option to add multiple Active Directory.

Thanks.

Manish

• 10.  Re: Multiple AD integration with CA EEM.

Posted Jun 10, 2016 04:53 AM

Hi Manish,

As far as I know Multiple Domain configuration via EEM is supported for SDM r12.9 onwards. For any SDM versions prior r12.9 this is not supported.

Kind Regards,

Brian