DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  Enable Global Collection search criteria

Posted Dec 07, 2016 08:09 AM
      |   view attached

I am looking to enable SNMP Community String as an available attribute criteria within GC search options, how do I accomplish this? I'm on version 9.4.3. Attached is what I want to accomplish.

• 2.  Re: Enable Global Collection search criteria

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 07, 2016 08:29 AM
      |   view attached

I just tested that on 9.4.3 and it worked for me…is it not working for you?  If not, do you have special characters in your search string?

Regards

Jay

• 3.  Re: Enable Global Collection search criteria

Posted Dec 07, 2016 09:16 AM

Jason,

For some reason I'm having trouble opening your attachment. I know this can work, I'm just not seeing the parameters there to do what was in the screen shot I attached. FYI, that is not from my host, that's a from another organization that did what I'm trying to do....which is simple really given the options to actually select the criteria. I just do not see that parameter as an option within the search criteria for a GC on my server. Do I need to create an attribute? How do I get "SNMP Community String" to be a selectable option like in that screen shot?

• 4.  Re: Enable Global Collection search criteria
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 07, 2016 04:04 PM
      |   view attached

Oh, when you edit/create the GC, in the “Search Options” just click on the “Attribute…” button.  Open the “Device” folder and select one of the main device models (for example GnSNMPDev).   On the right hand side, in the filter, type in “Community” and you’ll see “Community_Name (0x10024)”.  Select that and you should be good to go.

Hope that helps!

Jay

• 5.  Re: Enable Global Collection search criteria

Posted Dec 07, 2016 11:44 PM

Jason,

Thank you, I was looking at that and also under "other" there's a few items for SNMP, just not specifically SNMPv3. Closest I could find was SnmpPif which also has a community name Attribute. Either one, choosing community name pulls up Attribute SNMP Community String (0x10024). My concern here is I want the search to capture the SNMP community string for ALL devices, not just one device type. Either path *should* do that yes? It looks like it should being the same Attribute hex value, but I'd like to verify that before setting it up and relying on it to work. Can you advise?

• 6.  Re: Enable Global Collection search criteria

Posted Dec 08, 2016 04:32 AM

The attribute is common among all model types. You can check it across several model types. There are a set of attributes that are common across all model types: modeltype_name, modeltype_handle,model_handle, model_name, snmp_community and so on. If the model monitored is snmp capable, the attribute will be available.