DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

CA UIM top 20 servers report

• 1.  CA UIM top 20 servers report

Posted Aug 29, 2018 11:59 AM

Hi,

I have a requirement in CA UIM 8.5.1 and want to pull out report of past 6 months of top 20 servers with maximum CPU usage and memory usage and top 20 servers with least CPU usage and memory usage.

We get top 20 server performance report but that is of current usage.I want to pull of past 6 months.

Is this possible in CA UIM 8.5.1.

Please let me know some way to complete this task.

Thanks,

Ayush

• 2.  Re: CA UIM top 20 servers report

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 29, 2018 12:17 PM

You could change the Server Performance Unified Dashboard (edit in list designer and save as <new name>) so that the CPU usage aggregation is "MAX” and time period is "26 weeks”

You will probably need to remove the other columns unless you want the same for memory usage as well.

• 3.  Re: CA UIM top 20 servers report
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 29, 2018 12:36 PM

Or probably you can user top N reports on a group of servers using the required metrics and duration in USM

• 4.  Re: CA UIM top 20 servers report

Posted Sep 03, 2018 11:41 AM

Hi All,

Thanks for the help.
    It has helped me in pulling the top 20 servers report using list designer.
    Now I have 6 different views and i want to represent them all onto a single dashboard.

How can I do that just like we have inbuilt dashboards for networks and server performance.

Thanks.

• 5.  Re: CA UIM top 20 servers report

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 03, 2018 11:54 AM

When you create your page in UMP (top left/ Manage/Page), select the newly created page and in the right hand pane is "layout” so that you can add columns.

After that just access the page and Add multiple List Viewer portlets

Then configure each portlet to display one report by using the spanner icon / preferences to select the list report you want that portlet to default to (top right of portlet)

Hope that helps

Rowan

• 6.  Re: CA UIM top 20 servers report

Posted Sep 04, 2018 07:48 AM

Hi,

Thanks this helped me and now I am getting the dashboards in a good form.

One more thing ..still the portlets are movable?
    How can I make it stagnant so that I can provide the dashboard for other to access.

Thanks 

Ayush 

• 7.  Re: CA UIM top 20 servers report

Posted Sep 07, 2018 09:20 AM

Hi,

One query and requirement which I need to fulfill.

I need to extract the top 20 servers average data for past 6 months which have utilized the least CPU,DISK and Memory.

Is it possible from CA UIM to get this data.

Thanks.

• 8.  Re: CA UIM top 20 servers report

Posted Sep 05, 2018 07:03 AM

Hi,

Thanks for your help.

The manage page option helped me to get the dashboards and portlets separately.

Now I have a requirement of getting data of servers of past 6 months with highest utilized cpu memory and disk which I am able to get with aggregration as MAX in List designer.

Now to get the servers which were least utilizating the cpu disk and memory for past 6 months can be taken out how?

If i use the aggregration as MIN then I will be getting exact values which can be some point in time due to some spike or so.

I want average values for least utilising.

Is it possible.

Thanks

• 9.  Re: CA UIM top 20 servers report

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 07, 2018 10:41 AM

You use the average function and order the column ascending (just click on the column header until you get it the right way round)

• 10.  Re: CA UIM top 20 servers report

Posted Sep 07, 2018 01:12 PM

Hi,

Yes that is a way which i thought of doing that.
    But we have around 700 + servers in our environment which can hamper the UMP server performance when I would try to run this report.

Do we have any other way round to pull the above report.

Thanks

• 11.  Re: CA UIM top 20 servers report

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 07, 2018 01:16 PM

You will need to do it in a Cabi report if you need to report on all 700 servers over the last 6 months.

I wrote a beginners guide to cabi, which I shared on this forum, a few months ago.