Symantec Access Management

View Only
  • 1.  Need to deploy html page(s) under /siteminderagent/forms/ for AG instance

Posted Oct 06, 2020 11:03 AM
    Hello,

We have access gateway installed. Login form fcc files are working but if file is .html, getting 500 error. How to allow html files ? Any modification to be done in httpd.conf file?

Thanks,
    Shilpa

• 2.  RE: Need to deploy html page(s) under /siteminderagent/forms/ for AG instance

Posted Oct 07, 2020 11:20 PM
    Hi Silpa,

you're getting error code 500 after you enter and submit your user credentials in the HTML form or you get error code 500 just by loading the HTML form?

generally you must make sure your html form action is posting to one of the the login.fcc and all those attributes in your query string needs to be posted along with the form as well. e.g. TARGET, realmoid, etc...

I prefer to enable "SecureURL" so that I only have SMQUERYDATA to deal with. But it needs to be in both the action query string as well as in post data (note the hidden field) Here's an example of the login form in JSP.

<form action="/forms/login.fcc?SMQUERYDATA=<%=request.getParameter("SMQUERYDATA")%>" method="post" id="loginForm" autocomplete="off"> <input type="hidden" name="SMQUERYDATA" value="<%=request.getParameter("SMQUERYDATA")%>" /> <input type="text" id="username" name="USER" value="" /> <input type="password" id="password" name="PASSWORD" <input id="loginsubmit" name="loginsubmit" type="submit" role="button" value="Login"> </form>​
    If you are using plain HTML, I guess you have to use some javascript to pull and populate the information on document load. Good Luck.

regards,
    Zen

• 3.  RE: Need to deploy html page(s) under /siteminderagent/forms/ for AG instance

Posted Oct 07, 2020 11:39 PM
    forgot to mention, I generally don't put anything inside the forms folder. I usually have a separate tomcat instead to host custom pages and have proxy rules forward to it to get loaded. If you must use Access Gateway itself, I'd suggest putting it inside Tomcat/webapps/affwebservices/public folder or something to leverage on the builtin Tomcat instance in AG.

regards,
    Zen

------------------------------
    Principal Consultant
    Nebulas Tree Pte. Ltd.
    ------------------------------

• 4.  RE: Need to deploy html page(s) under /siteminderagent/forms/ for AG instance

Posted Oct 21, 2020 04:50 PM
    Hello,

Probably adding a JkUnMount directive in the httpd.conf  could resolve this issue.
    JkUnMount /forms/login.html ajp13

Regards
    Tom Mathew