Harvest

View Only
  • 1.  installation errors CA Harvest 12.1

Posted Dec 02, 2014 01:12 PM

I am attempting to do a very simply install of CA Harvest 12.1 w/sp1. While installing I get several error messages;

From DVD I click on

client

win32_client

setup

then these messages appear;

Operating System is Windows 7

Unexpected error during "installcrypt", it then rolls back

The wizard was interrupted before CA Software Change Manager r12.1 sp1 Client could be completely installed.

Not recoginizing Advantage

and when it does load, I cannot log onto Adminisrative GNU; receive message about runtime error.

• 2.  Re: installation errors CA Harvest 12.1

Posted Dec 02, 2014 01:20 PM

Hello.

One of the most common causes for that type of error is not executing the setup file as an Administrator.

On some cases, it will launch the setup but will not end successfully, even if the user has an administrator account.

I recommend you run the setup as an Administrator, as this action resolved the problem for me.

Best regards,

Ricardo Bernardino

• 3.  Re: installation errors CA Harvest 12.1

Posted Dec 02, 2014 01:30 PM

That is how I install as the administrator. I right click on Administrator. Is

there another method to install as administrator?

• 4.  Re: installation errors CA Harvest 12.1

Posted Dec 03, 2014 05:17 AM

Hello.

That is what I was referring (click right mouse button -> Run as an Administrator).

I have stumbled on another recurrent error over the years, regarding a registry entry which contains CACrypto location, that is solved cleaning that registry entry.

Unfortunately, I do not have that registry entry path, but I opened the case 18409750-1 when I came across that problem the first time and CA Support provided a registry script to clean that entry. So, they can provide you the same script or help you identify the entry. Or maybe someone here will remember which entry I am talking about.

Best regards,

Ricardo Bernardino

• 5.  Re: installation errors CA Harvest 12.1

Posted Dec 03, 2014 01:56 PM

Thanks. I ran a error.log. I'm attaching for your viewing. It would be great

if you could get the registry script to clean that entry.

Thanks.

• 6.  Re: installation errors CA Harvest 12.1

Posted Dec 26, 2014 04:17 PM

Gloria,

Please execute the administrator the first time as Run As Administrator. At this version and previous, it looks that something must be done with administrative privileges. Subsecuent execution of administrator will not requests admin privileges.

Remember to install it with  Run as Administrator as Ricardo told you.

I hope this helps!

Best regards,

Tania Moreno

Venezuela

• 7.  Re: installation errors CA Harvest 12.1

Posted Jan 07, 2015 09:53 AM

Hi Everybody,

Thank you all for your help. I was able to get the software loaded December 30.

Melinda Skelton informed me that the crypto file does not load successfully in Windows 7. This particular file only seems to affects The Administrator GNU of the CASCM 12.1  because it  installs the Workbench correctly.

Melinda FTP an install executable without the crypto file and that loaded CASCM 12.1 successfully and of course you have to install as an administrator.

Some of the error messages were = "advantage.exe", "unexpected error during installcrypt" , "runtime error".

But all is well in the Land.