Automic Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  13.2.3_HF2: Forecast still broken?

Posted May 22, 2020 11:26 AM
    Hi guys,
    Can anyone who already tried 12.3.2_HF2 confirm that Forecasts are still broken?

I just did a test with a Workflow containing mulktiple sub-workflows. It seems like Forecast ignores the fact that the tasks are genrated at activation and uses the start time of the sub-workflow to evaluate the calendar entries.
    My main workflow as well as sub workflows have calendar "Monday to Friday". If i make a forecast on the 29/05/2020, sub-workflows starting before midnight are fine. Whereas the ones starting after midnight have the status "ENDED INACTIVE - Inactive today because of calendar". The sub-workflows are all "Generate Task at Activation Time" so they should not be inactive.

Did i miss something obvious or is the Forecast still broken?

------------------------------
    Best regards,
    Thierry

Banque de Luxembourg

• 2.  RE: 13.2.3_HF2: Forecast still broken?

Posted May 22, 2020 11:35 AM
    Following.

This is on my to-do list, but I won't be able to get to it for another week or two.  I'm currently testing a Java upgrade on my 12.3.0 installation.

Pete

• 3.  RE: 13.2.3_HF2: Forecast still broken?

Posted May 26, 2020 05:11 AM
    Hi Thierry,

yes, we have the same problem and many more with the Forecast in 12.3.2_HF2.
    The forecast has problems with timezones in general and calendar and earliest starttime when you come to the next day also it ignores that task in sub-workflows shouldn't run when the sub-workflow is inaktiv by deffinition or skippep because of depencies.​

It is still broken :-( We hope it'll be fixed in 12.4.

Kind regards
    Michael

• 4.  RE: 13.2.3_HF2: Forecast still broken?
    Best Answer

Posted May 26, 2020 06:03 AM
    Thanks for the feedback Michael.
    It's a pitty they can't get it done correctly :(

Support confirmed they have a lot of corrections for 12.5. Apparently they will skip version number 12.4.

Best regards,
    Thierry

Banque de Luxembourg