Layer7 API Management

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Hi, I am looking for a sample / reference application to support a PoC/demo of OATH/OpenID Connect capability on API Gateway 8.3 with OTK 3.0 amd MAG 2.x. Would probably need source/project with hints how to build and run. Your help will be greatly apprec

• 1.  Hi, I am looking for a sample / reference application to support a PoC/demo of OATH/OpenID Connect capability on API Gateway 8.3 with OTK 3.0 amd MAG 2.x. Would probably need source/project with hints how to build and run. Your help will be greatly apprec

Posted Aug 18, 2016 03:24 PM

Hi, I am looking for a sample / reference application to support a PoC/demo of OATH/OpenID Connect capability on API Gateway 8.3 with OTK 3.0 and MAG 2.x. Would probably need source/project with hints how to build and run. Your help will be greatly appreciated.

• 2.  Re: Hi, I am looking for a sample / reference application to support a PoC/demo of OATH/OpenID Connect capability on API Gateway 8.3 with OTK 3.0 amd MAG 2.x. Would probably need source/project with hints how to build and run. Your help will be greatly ap

Posted Aug 18, 2016 03:37 PM

Sorry for typo - should be OAuth2.0  instead of OATH

• 3.  Re: Hi, I am looking for a sample / reference application to support a PoC/demo of OATH/OpenID Connect capability on API Gateway 8.3 with OTK 3.0 amd MAG 2.x. Would probably need source/project with hints how to build and run. Your help will be greatly ap

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 18, 2016 07:54 PM

Only MAG 2.3 is compatible.

• 4.  Re: Hi, I am looking for a sample / reference application to support a PoC/demo of OATH/OpenID Connect capability on API Gateway 8.3 with OTK 3.0 amd MAG 2.x. Would probably need source/project with hints how to build and run. Your help will be greatly ap

Posted Aug 19, 2016 05:41 PM

I don't know if this helps  you, or I entirely understand your requirements, but if  you sign up for a Salesforce developer account you can run OpenIDConnect from there.  Under the developer home page they have "Security Controls", "Auth Providers" and you can create an OpenIDConnect provider from there and connect to your OTK, using the built in 'userinfo' service to demo it.  Basically it'll give you a url you can plug into your browser and ultimately return information from your identity provider via the OTK.  Takes some configuration, and of course you need a working OTK, but you should be able to do it without programming.

Unfortunately, aside from the basic idea I'm not sure I can help you.  We don't use MAG, we're running 9.1 of the gateway and I think 3.3 of the OTK, and we have a somewhat customized implementation of OTK.  So we do things a little differently here, but the Salesforce auth provider should work with the standard toolkit.  In general you have to register the Salesforce client in OAuth Manager, then plug that key and secret into the Salesforce client setup along with /authorize, /token and /userinfo OTK url's to test it.

• 5.  Re: Hi, I am looking for a sample / reference application to support a PoC/demo of OATH/OpenID Connect capability on API Gateway 8.3 with OTK 3.0 amd MAG 2.x. Would probably need source/project with hints how to build and run. Your help will be greatly ap
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 31, 2016 08:27 AM

You can find test clients installed with the OTK for OAuth 2.0 (and 1.0) and OpenID Connect that include prose on how to obtain access tokens by authorization grant type and that allow you to interact directly with the authorization and token endpoints for testing and demonstration purposes.

Run the OAuth 2.0 Test Client - CA API Management OAuth Toolkit - 3.0 - CA Technologies Documentation 

You can examine the client side code in the test clients (they are web applications) if you are looking for client code samples, or alternatively, you can also use the CA Developer Portal (though you haven't mentioned this product) to generate sample client side code by selecting OAuth as the method for authentication.

Hope this is helpful.

• 6.  Re: Hi, I am looking for a sample / reference application to support a PoC/demo of OATH/OpenID Connect capability on API Gateway 8.3 with OTK 3.0 amd MAG 2.x. Would probably need source/project with hints how to build and run. Your help will be greatly ap