Service Virtualization

View Only
  • 1.  Cannot load DevTest version from Database

Posted Dec 03, 2021 08:18 AM

Hi All,

I am trying to upgrade DevTest 10.3 to 10.6, once installation is completed, pointed the registry DB in the site.properties and started registry.

But unable to start it as getting below error.

2021-11-30 17:23:43,506Z (17:23) [main] ERROR com.itko.lisa.coordinator.TestRegistryImpl - Cannot load DevTest version from Database.
    com.itko.lisa.exception.UpgradeException: Cannot load DevTest version from Database.
    at com.itko.lisa.utils.db.safeguard.DatabaseSafeGuard.getDBLisaVersion(DatabaseSafeGuard.java:188)
    at com.itko.lisa.utils.db.safeguard.DatabaseSafeGuard.checkIfMigrationIsPossible(DatabaseSafeGuard.java:120)
    at com.itko.lisa.utils.db.safeguard.DatabaseSafeGuard.checkIfDatabaseCanBeChanged(DatabaseSafeGuard.java:104)
    at com.itko.lisa.coordinator.TestRegistryImpl.main(TestRegistryImpl.java:2191)

Could anyone please help me on this.

Thanks in advance.
    Mohammed Sheeraz

• 2.  RE: Cannot load DevTest version from Database

Posted Dec 05, 2021 03:44 AM
    Hi Sheeraz,

When running Enterprise Dashboard with any database other than Derby, you must add the dradis.properties file, that has the database connection information, in the DevTest home folder before starting the Enterprise Dashboard. Post addition, please restart ED as well.
    Thanks.

------------------------------
    Regards,
    Vaibhav Jain
    Capgemini

• 3.  RE: Cannot load DevTest version from Database

Posted Dec 06, 2021 04:00 AM
    Hi Vaibhav,

EDB for 10.6 is configured successfully and have DB details in dradis.properties file.
    I'm trying for registry which is in the different server and EDB in one server.

Here, I added 10.3 DB details in the site.properties and restarted registry. Since it should upgrade DB tables automatically but it couldn't.

I might be doing something wrong. 

Thanks, Sheeraz

• 4.  RE: Cannot load DevTest version from Database

Posted Dec 06, 2021 04:37 AM
    Hi SHeeraz,

Please check the values of internal db flag also in dradis and site. properties 

example: dradis.db.internal.enabled=true

Also, try creating a default db once as per new installation and then change the configuration

Thanks

Regards,
    Vaibhav Jain
    Capgemini

• 5.  RE: Cannot load DevTest version from Database

Posted Dec 06, 2021 11:52 AM

Hi Vaibhav,

As mentioned, I tried creating a new DB and adding that configuration in the site.properties. I could able to start the registry and tables created automatically.

If I point to 10.3 DB details it is failing to start registry and unable to upgrade the tables of DB.

And, I have the value of internal db flag as below

lisadb.internal.enabled=false

Thanks, Sheeraz

• 6.  RE: Cannot load DevTest version from Database

Posted Dec 09, 2021 12:36 AM
    Hi Sheeraj,

In that case as a workaround, you can use the new DB for 10.6 and import the relevant tables from old DB. Hope this will help you in the migration process meanwhile you are trying to find a resolution for existing issue.

Thanks

Regards,
    Vaibhav Jain
    Capgemini

• 7.  RE: Cannot load DevTest version from Database

Posted Dec 13, 2021 05:19 AM

Hi Vaibhav, thanks for your inputs.

It was an issue with the db table not having the LISA Version info, somehow missed during the backup.
    Tried different method for backup by exporting tables from one DB to another and it worked successfully by upgrading all tables to 10.6

Regrads,
    Mohammed Sheeraz

• 8.  RE: Cannot load DevTest version from Database

Posted Dec 14, 2021 01:46 AM
    Thanks for the update.

Regards,
    Vaibhav Jain
    Capgemini