Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  v13.3 printed Gantt - light colors

Posted Jan 23, 2014 01:20 AM

Is is just me or my pdf driver when I get very light colors from the v13.3 printed Gantt. The printing works fine and the printable view is OK, but when printing with a pdf driver the colors are so light that I cannot distinguish the bars. Is that just mys system and is there a way to make the colors stronger so that the print is legible.

Martti K.

Gantt view

Printable view

Printed Gantt

• 2.  RE: v13.3 printed Gantt - light colors

Posted Jan 24, 2014 02:54 PM

Well, it is not the pdf driver. If I print directly to paper there are no bars in the Gantt either.

Martti K.

• 3.  RE: v13.3 printed Gantt - light colors

Posted Jan 31, 2014 04:00 AM

IMHO it is related to bars dinamically drawed by javascript (HTML 5 canvas) and this content cannot be printed.

However, v13.3 should manage it because printing Gantt is a new feature....I think that if they were using or exporting to a SVG image you would be able to print it.

I don't have v13.3 to test it. Which browser are you using?

• 4.  RE: v13.3 printed Gantt - light colors

Posted Jan 31, 2014 05:04 AM

It is only v13.3 I am talking about. I am using Firefox. The bars are there OK in the printable Gantt view, but not on paper.

Martti K.

• 5.  RE: v13.3 printed Gantt - light colors

Posted Jan 31, 2014 08:52 AM
      |   view attached

Martti,

I have tested this with 13.3 and confirm same as you, bars are missing.

PDF of output attached. (tested chrome v33 and i.e. 9)

Andrew

Attachment(s)

• 6.  RE: v13.3 printed Gantt - light colors

Posted Feb 03, 2014 02:20 PM

• 7.  RE: v13.3 printed Gantt - light colors
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 12, 2014 04:01 AM

Martti,

For your reference, to get the bars to show you need to go to your browsers print settings and enable "Print Background Colours and Images"

Andrew

• 8.  RE: v13.3 printed Gantt - light colors

Posted Feb 12, 2014 04:25 AM

Thanks. That certainly fixed it. Is that a FF only setting of is it in other browsers as well?

Just wondering what is the Next button in the Printable Gantt view.

Martti K.

• 9.  RE: v13.3 printed Gantt - light colors

Posted Feb 12, 2014 04:51 AM

No, it is all browsers. For chrome you can find the print background colours next to the print button.

for ie9 it is much harder to enable. The user needs to know how to unhide the tool bar (alt-f) then go to page set up and tick the "print background colours and images"

As for the next button, i thought at first this was to view the next page (where page greater than 1) but no this is not the case. it appears to have no action. I took a look at the html and the button is "next_task_blocks_button", I assume this means the next pages worth of tasks (which does not work).

Andrew

I forgot to mention why "print background colours and images" are disabled by default, this is because otherwise when you go to print huge blocks of colour would get printed. Not sure on the design descions here, but as far as I know you can't force the browser to print the background colours and images. (a security issue).

You can get around this though by adding a "printer friendly page", it seems in this case it's not so printer friendly.

One more (low priority) gripe is that the icon is not intuitive, a simple printer icon would have sufficed. 

• 10.  RE: v13.3 printed Gantt - light colors

Posted Feb 12, 2014 05:09 AM

Thanks again.

Martti K.

• 11.  Re: v13.3 printed Gantt - light colors

Posted Jan 24, 2018 05:27 AM

https://communities.ca.com/servlet/JiveServlet/download/109245839-1-50616/Printable_Gantt_view.JPGhttps://communities.ca.com/servlet/JiveServlet/download/109245839-1-50615/Gantt_pdf.JPG