DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  Documentation is being saved as a DMS file?

Posted Apr 10, 2018 09:50 AM

Today I went to lookup some information on the wiki.ca.com site for Spectrum SRM.  I wanted to pull down the PDF so that I could look at it in a book form and offline.  However, when I selected PDF, it downloaded a file with a .DMS extension that I am not able to open.  Does anyone know what this DMS file is, any suggested ways to open it and why this was done?  What was wrong with the PDF files?

• 2.  Re: Documentation is being saved as a DMS file?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 10, 2018 10:41 AM

Hi Bill,

I'm not sure how you downloaded the document, but you should be able to export the file as a PDF by selecting the "Export to PDF" button, as shown below.

When you select the export to PDF button you should see a popup asking if you want to save the file, and you have the option to select the "Save As" and select where you want the files saved.

When I did this, the files was saved as a PDF, as expected.

Thank you,

Brad

• 3.  Re: Documentation is being saved as a DMS file?

Posted Apr 10, 2018 11:04 AM

Turns out it is a Safari issue.  When I use Firefox, it does ask me for the format and defaults to PDF.  I'll investigate what Apple is doing with that format and why they are doing that to us with Macs.

• 4.  Re: Documentation is being saved as a DMS file?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 10, 2018 11:18 AM

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the follow up. I googled Safari and DMS files and it looks like this is a known issue for Safari.

https://github.com/BookStackApp/BookStack/issues/581

Thank you,

Brad