CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  SMS Gateway Integration to My CA SDM r12.5 environment

Posted Mar 26, 2016 07:21 AM

hello CA World,

I got a requirement from my client that they want SMS Notification for Incidents those have been created by spectrum one click,in which some of the Devices need notification to their concern Device owners.

so, here in my environment they already have had a SMS Gateway Server and  I got the SMS server  ''URL'' from them but now all  I wanted to know is the procedure for SMS Gateway integration with SDM.

I don't whether How to Start it or where to start it.

My Environment :

CA SDM -------> r12.5

OS------------->Windows 2008r2

Regards,

Kavala

• 2.  Re: SMS Gateway Integration to My CA SDM r12.5 environment

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 28, 2016 10:40 AM

Kavala,

I'm not aware of any specific integration points between the two products, and I'm sorry to say, but I'm not quite sure what the desired result is. Are you hoping to send a message outbound from Service Desk into SMS? If that's the case, the only method that you have is through Service Desk notifications. If you only want the notification to trigger under a specific scenario you can associate Event Macros to the notification rule. For example, if all tickets creates have the same "Area", you can create a Notification Rule that will only fire if that Area is set.

Depending on what you are trying to do exactly it may take a bit of configuration to get everything in place.

• 3.  Re: SMS Gateway Integration to My CA SDM r12.5 environment

Posted Mar 28, 2016 07:15 PM

If you have (or can create) an executable that will call your SMS gateway then you can define your own notification method that will call the executable. Look in the documentation for "Create a Notification Method".

• 4.  Re: SMS Gateway Integration to My CA SDM r12.5 environment

Posted Mar 22, 2018 02:23 AM

Hello Lindsay,

I have a similar requirement in which SMS notification is required on Mobile number. We have SMS gateway URL and credentials.

If you have achieved this in your Task/requirement , kindly let me know.

Lindsay_Estabrooks

Regards

Sandeep kumar

(+91 9826035725)

sandeepkr@gujarat.gov.in

• 5.  Re: SMS Gateway Integration to My CA SDM r12.5 environment

Posted Mar 29, 2016 03:52 AM

Hi,

Most of SMS gateway have the function of "Mail to SMS" allowing you to send SMS  to recipient by sending a email to a specific mailbox like "00112345678@mysmsgateway.com" .

You may want to check if this functionality is available in your gateway as this is the more easy to configure in SDM by using the pager email address

Then you can just configure notification rules to accomplish your need or if more complex logic is needed use macro/events as suggested by Alex_Perretti

Hope this help.

/J

• 6.  Re: SMS Gateway Integration to My CA SDM r12.5 environment

Posted Mar 22, 2018 02:24 AM

Hello Jerome,

I have a similar requirement in which SMS notification is required on Mobile number. We have SMS gateway URL and credentials.

jmayer

Regards

Sandeep kumar

(+91 9826035725)

sandeepkr@gujarat.gov.in

• 7.  Re: SMS Gateway Integration to My CA SDM r12.5 environment

Posted Apr 05, 2018 05:57 AM

Yes As mentioned we use a SMS gateway service that support  plain text send to a specific email address in the for of 456467879789@mysmsgateway.com

this way there is no customization to be done in SDM and you can use standard functionality by setting the pager email of the user and the  notification method

May you want to use your own on premise gateway and in the eventually that this is not supporting this format you will then crate a new notification method that can call a .bat or other script that will execute the call to your gateway with the required arguments.

/J

• 8.  Re: SMS Gateway Integration to My CA SDM r12.5 environment

Posted Mar 22, 2018 02:21 AM

Hello kavala,

#sk_kavala

Regards

Sandeep kumar

(+91 9826035725)

sandeepkr@gujarat.gov.in