AutoSys Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Issue faced while installing Common components

Posted May 30, 2018 01:45 AM

Hi All,

I am facing the below error while installing the common components, please provide some light to mitigate the issue i already checked with unix guys they are saying my OS level meets the pre-requisites there is some other issue.

• 2.  Re: Issue faced while installing Common components

Posted May 30, 2018 04:59 AM

Hi

It seems that the installer is trying to install via the graphical interface

It detected your terminal is set to xterm

Could you please export term=vt100 and start the installation again

Regards

Jean Paul

• 3.  Re: Issue faced while installing Common components

Posted May 30, 2018 05:29 AM

Hi Jean Paul,

Thanks for replying i did export term=vt100 but still facing the same issue 

• 4.  Re: Issue faced while installing Common components
    Best Answer

Posted May 30, 2018 05:51 AM

Hi Ankur

The first problem is resolved because there is no error about the X11 terminal but you are getting another one regarding the GTK component which is required by the "Management Command Center"  component

This is described at: CA Common Components System Requirements - CA Workload Automation AE & Workload Control Center - CA Technologies Documen… 

I would suggest not to select this component which is not mandatory

This component is just to give you a java interface to access the CCS Event Management component

Otherwise if you are going to use the MCC, you'll have to install these above prerequisite

Regards

Jean Paul

• 5.  Re: Issue faced while installing Common components

Posted May 30, 2018 06:50 AM

Thanks I am able to install it now after unselecting the Management Command Center. Can you throw some knowledge for what purpose this Management Command Center is used ?

• 6.  Re: Issue faced while installing Common components

Posted May 30, 2018 08:52 AM

Hi again

MCC is the Java interface to administrate the Event Management component that you can install from the CCC DVD

Event Management can be used to intercept Autosys messages and trigger an action to run a script or any OS command.

Starting with 11.3.6 SP7, you can also purchase another product called One Automation to do the same.

Event Management won't be available anymore in the next Autosys version

Regards

Jean Paul

• 7.  Re: Issue faced while installing Common components

Posted May 30, 2018 09:29 AM

re: "Event Management going away" - means the relevant message in the EP log at start up will also go away, which is good news as then people will stop panicking about a non-event!

Thanks Jean Paul.

• 8.  Re: Issue faced while installing Common components

Posted May 30, 2018 09:32 AM

Chris

Steve C.

Nothing in this message is intended to constitute an electronic signature unless a specific statement to the contrary is included in this message.

Confidentiality Note: This message is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed. It may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, transmission, dissemination or other use, or taking of any action in reliance upon this message by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you received this message in error, please contact the sender and delete it from your computer.

• 9.  Re: Issue faced while installing Common components

Posted Jun 01, 2018 03:40 AM

Hi Ankur

For the record:

You also opened a case at CA support for the above and the steps I gave have fixed the installation problem

Regards

Jean Paul