DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  Syncing users' settings across several OC servers

Posted Aug 22, 2011 02:17 PM
    We have three OC servers sitting behind a load balancer, as described in chapter 3 of the "Administrator Guide". It looks like some things, like locater searches are saved locally, and we have to sync those files among the OC servers ourselves. Other things, like user favorites, seem to be stored centrally (maybe in the user model on the SS?) and do not need to be synced. Does anyone have some details on what's stored where, and what needs to be synced externally? Along those same lines, does anyone have a good solution for syncing user-created files (like locater searches) among the OC servers? We're storing our administrative configs in a DVCS, but we don't have a solution for our user-created configs. Our sysadmin suggested an NFS share for the OC servers, but I'm reluctant to make a tool as critical as Spectrum reliant on another system like that.

TIA,
    Jim

• 2.  RE: Syncing users' settings across several OC servers

Posted Aug 26, 2011 05:56 AM
    Hi!
    Any suggestions for Jim?

Mary

• 3.  RE: Syncing users' settings across several OC servers
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 29, 2011 04:23 PM
    Hi Jim,

Custom search created on Locater tab will result an XML file under $SPECROOT/custom/console/config directory, e.g.

$SPECROOT/custom/console/config/search-4c8650c9-0169-1000-1ff9-8a2af9640000.xml

So, normally copying over all files under $SPECROOT/custom directory from one OC server to another is the way to sync-up OneClick Server customizations. Locater search creation is a type of OneClick customization.
    I hope this helps.

Regards,
    Widjaja.

• 4.  RE: Syncing users' settings across several OC servers

Posted Sep 08, 2011 09:36 AM
    Widjaja-

Thank you for the reply. How are you keeping the custom directories in sync across your different OC servers? We're currently using an automated copy, but it requires designating one of the OC servers as the "master". It would be more elegant if changes on any of the OC servers could be copied to all of them.

Also, it looks like not all customizations are stored in the custom directory. For example, I cannot find the users' favorites in this directory, but they are available across all OneClick servers. I'm wondering where these are stored as well.

Thank you,
    Jim