DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  spectrum integration with UIM - Unidirectional

Posted Feb 15, 2018 07:49 AM

HI,

I have a requirement where i need to forward my CA Spectrum alarms to CA UIM so that Spectrum alarms show in UIM Infrastructure Manager.

My requirement is only to forward Spectrum alarms to UIM and UIM alarms should not get moved to CA Spectrum.

Please let me know is there any possibility to achieve this.

Regards,

Vishnu Prasad

• 2.  Re: spectrum integration with UIM - Unidirectional

Posted Feb 15, 2018 07:59 AM

Hi,

If you use the last version of the integration (based on the bi-directional one relying on spectrumgtw) you can specify filters from Spectrum to UIM or from UIM to Spectrum. Thus, you should be able to achieve what you want if you decide to filter out all alarms coming from UIM. You will send alarms from Spectrum to UIM, and nothing from UIM to Spectrum.

• 3.  Re: spectrum integration with UIM - Unidirectional

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 15, 2018 08:57 AM

Hello Vispr

Yes, you can choose one-way Directional sync for Spectrum > UIM. The setting is in the spectrumgtw probe config on UIM side: 

HTH

Regards, 

Jay V

• 4.  Re: spectrum integration with UIM - Unidirectional

Posted Feb 15, 2018 10:25 AM

Hi,

Thanks for the solution provided.

I tried using spectrumgtw probe for integrating but the issue i faced is all my spectrum inventory is written in uim cm_computer_system table.

Is there any possibility to transfer only alarms but not inventory?

Regards,

Vishnu Prasad

• 5.  Re: spectrum integration with UIM - Unidirectional

Posted Feb 15, 2018 11:36 AM

Have you specified any Gloabl collection name in Spectrumgtw probe configuration ,which holds the related inventory ?

• 6.  Re: spectrum integration with UIM - Unidirectional
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 16, 2018 08:56 AM

The Spectrumgtw will only pull inventory from Spectrum if it's included in the Global Collection that you provided in the spectrumgtw probe configuration. If you have not added any models to that global collection it should not sync any inventory from Spectrum into UIM.