DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  Regarding the new "Recording User Actions in OneClick" feature for 10.2

Posted Feb 05, 2017 11:13 AM

Hi everyone,

Can someone elaborate on whether this new feature is specifically for actions regarding actual user objects (let's say a user called CaliforniaAdmin, that is moved between user groups or whose object has been modified), or whether the activity of the user is now being better audited?

I'm familiar with log_user_events which pretty much spews dozens of events per action. I'm guessing this isn't a replacement for that, correct?

• 2.  Re: Regarding the new "Recording User Actions in OneClick" feature for 10.2

Posted Feb 06, 2017 09:53 AM

Hello Doron,

I have seen this question and will take ownership of it and get a reply for you. As I do not know all the details right now, I will do some research and answer in detail in the next few days.

Regards,

Dencel Baury

CA Technologies

Principal Support Engineer

• 3.  Re: Regarding the new "Recording User Actions in OneClick" feature for 10.2

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 06, 2017 10:14 AM
      |   view attached

I believe the update is only to user actions in regards to user models.  For example, if a user moves another user model between groups, or adds/removes privileges, creates/destroys user models etc.

It is not a replacement for the log_user_events entry.

• 4.  Re: Regarding the new "Recording User Actions in OneClick" feature for 10.2
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 07, 2017 08:42 AM

Development has commented as follows:

"It is for better auditing of events like creating/deleting a user. Earlier these actions are displayed as performed by “System” in the events tab. Now actual user name of the user who performed gets recorded."