CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Cisco CIM/SIP integration for direct call logging in CA SDM

Posted Oct 07, 2015 11:35 AM

Hi,

Does anyone ever came across integrating Cisco solutions like CIM/CIP with CA Service Desk Management.

I am working on a case where Cisco and CA products needs to get stitched together to form the solution, one of the integration point is to get incident directly from Cisco tools like CIM created in CA SDM.

An early response will be a great help.

Regds,

Ashutosh.

• 2.  Re: Cisco CIM/SIP integration for direct call logging in CA SDM

Posted Oct 07, 2015 12:55 PM

I haven't done this with Cisco products but I'm sure the general level steps below are easily adaptable to your situation. I assume your use case is responding to calls and automating the initial steps of the ticket creation

1. Have the telephony system use web services to determine the identity of the caller. If found, use that contact handle. If not, have a fallback contact you can use, or have the system automatically create you a new contact.
    2. Have the telephony system fetch a BOPSID for the person receiving the call
    3. Have the telephony system construct a URL with the required information for creating the ticket type you want, including the BOPSID from above
    4. Have the telephony system open a browser with the URL from above

You can also have the URL open you the quick profile with ready made search if you prefer to see the caller's information before creating a ticket.

• 3.  Re: Cisco CIM/SIP integration for direct call logging in CA SDM

Posted Oct 07, 2015 01:16 PM

Hi valkonen,

Thanks a lot for quick response.

Cisco products which I am talking here are not telephony or hardware.

These are some security and web interface management sort of tools, now the query is to have direct integration of these Cisco software with CA SD so that in case of any issue with their system it can create an automatic incident /ticket in CA SD.

One of the way which I am sure is through web services. However, whether these system uses web services or not I am not sure, what Cisco folks told me is that they uses some Web sockets to integrate to any 3rd party software.

I believe above will give more clarity now.

Regards,

Ashutosh

• 4.  Re: Cisco CIM/SIP integration for direct call logging in CA SDM

Posted Oct 08, 2015 02:05 AM

Oh, sorry, my bad. I didn't Google the products but just assumed SIP was referring to IP telephony. Not knowing more about the Cisco application's capabilities I'd assume one of the interfaces available in SDM will work out for you, if not directly then with an adapter. Maybe a simple application to handle the web sockets and transform the incoming messages into SOAP messages? Just an idea, try exploring it.

• 5.  Re: Cisco CIM/SIP integration for direct call logging in CA SDM

Posted Oct 07, 2015 01:15 PM

Hi Jussi,

Thanks a lot for quick response.

Cisco products which I am talking here are not telephony or hardware.

These are some security and web interface management sort of tools, now the query is to have direct integration of these Cisco software with CA SD so that in case of any issue with their system it can create an automatic incident /ticket in CA SD.

One of the way which I am sure is through web services. However, whether these system uses web services or not I am not sure, what Cisco folks told me is that they uses some Web sockets to integrate to any 3rd party software.

I believe above will give more clarity now.

Regards,

Ashutosh.