- Servers assignment

- Can run Deployment on Dev environment only

- Cannot Approve on Production environments

Regards,

• 2.  Re: Permission Management
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 21, 2016 07:19 AM

Hey,

are you doing the server assignment via a ROC action? if so, it depends on the version you're using, because prior 6.x it was required that the executed user is environmend admin.

other then that, I think this should be doable, I'm not sure though what permission is required to assign servers to an environment.

for the other stuff though, you need to set permissions on process level, so that you allow the one group to run your predeployment process on DEV and PROD, but the processes for the deployment steps are only allowed on the dev.

Same goes for the approvals, you can set these environment specific.

hope this helps,

Michael

• 3.  Re: Permission Management

Posted Dec 21, 2016 07:33 AM

Hi Michael,

We are user 5.5.2 version of RA.

Thank you for your answer. Our problem is on server assignment. You are right, we must give the user "environment admin" rights so that he can do that.

But then he can approve everything...

So, if I understand well what you are saying on 6.X there is a solution, isn'it ?

regards.

• 4.  Re: Permission Management

Posted Dec 21, 2016 07:35 AM

Yes, I raised a case with CA on this issue, as we had this as well. It should be fixed by now.

can't verify it though, as we didn't adjust our deployment permissions, as it is not required anymore

• 5.  Re: Permission Management

Posted Dec 21, 2016 07:38 AM

OK, so we will wait untill we upgrade to 6.x :-)

Thank you for your help.

Regards.

• 6.  Re: Permission Management

Posted Dec 21, 2016 07:40 AM

hey, appears you don't need to, seems like it was in a patch for 5.5.2: ROC - Assign Servers - environment admin needed? 

• 7.  Re: Permission Management

Posted Dec 21, 2016 07:54 AM

Ok,we are using 5.5.2.488 so it should be there.

But if user does not have to be env-admin to assign servers what does he have to be ?

I do not find a clue on this and ASAP does not help.

• 8.  Re: Permission Management

Posted Dec 21, 2016 07:56 AM

Jacky_Mahadab do you have any input on this? thanks

• 9.  Re: Permission Management

Posted Dec 22, 2016 02:31 AM

npeyrussie

Do you try using "ROC - Assign Servers" action or  "Application Environment - Assign Servers" ?

• 10.  Re: Permission Management

Posted Dec 22, 2016 02:52 AM

Hi Jacky,

We use both, one after the other. I think we had to do that so that the servers were correctly assigned bu I do not really remember...

Regards.

• 11.  Re: Permission Management

Posted Dec 22, 2016 03:19 AM

As I know the fix Michael mention related to  "ROC - Assign Servers" action , the "Application Environment - Assign Servers" action still need environment admin rights 

• 12.  Re: Permission Management

Posted Dec 22, 2016 03:24 AM

can you check again, if and why you require both actions? we only use ROC-Assign Servers.

The other one we only use, if the server type doesn't have any servers assigned at all, but we usually just put all the required servers for an environment into the server type and then check in the pre-deployment which ones we need for the run and which we don't and this we can do with the ROC-Assign Servers

• 13.  Re: Permission Management

Posted Dec 22, 2016 07:44 AM

Hi Mickaël,

The reaseon is here : How to use action ROC - Assign Servers 

We cannot dynamically assign servers unless we use "Application Environment - assign servers" action so we do still need the environment admin rights and thus the user can approve when we do not want it...

Regards.

• 14.  Re: Permission Management

Posted Jan 06, 2017 04:07 AM

Hi,

After opening a case, I have been noticed that action "Application Environment - assign servers" has two input properties to set an ASAP user/password thus permitting us not to had envrionment admin rights to the executing user.

Regards.