DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  Please help to Alarm Correlation

Posted Sep 01, 2016 11:52 PM

Hello,

I develop alarm correlation, scenario : When Interface port 1, 2 are down, Spectrum will correlate the events to match and generate one alarm with the title of  “MAIN AND BACKUP LINKS DOWN” but is not working.

Please advice....

Regards,

• 2.  Re: Please help to Alarm Correlation

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 05, 2016 10:48 AM

Hi Tanachart,

I would recommend to place Condition Correlation in debug mode and then see what happens when the condition replicates.

• 0xffff0900
      • Enable condition correlation management debug
      • Will show details about the initialization and registration process, and also about event and alarm notification for the correlation process.
    • 0xffff0901
      • Disable condition correlation management debug
    • How to enable debug from CLI while connected to VNMSH
      • ./update action=0xffff0900 mh=<correlation domain model> 
      • Output will be written to server console (vnm.out)

To disable debug

• ./update action=0xffff0901 mh=<correlation domain model> 

Hopefully the debug output will show you why its not working as you have expected.

Best regards,

Glenn

• 3.  Re: Please help to Alarm Correlation
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 06, 2016 01:13 AM

Hi Tanachart,

I don't see you need to set such of Rule Criteria. Can you just set the 2 interface models, i.e. ifIndex = 1 and 2, into Correlation Domain (don't involve other interface models)? 

If only those 2 interfaces in the Correlation Domain then you will need that Rule Criteria.

And I would recommend start from one symptom condition and test if the Correlation works. And you can gradually add more symptom conditions and test further.

Regards,

Widjaja.