CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Stored Query for Employee View

Posted Aug 23, 2019 03:24 PM
    I have several departments who have people "Lead" people who log all call tickets for their department and monitor their status and progress.
    These lead people only have the "Employee" role as they only need to log tickets and add comments when needed ... so they see the default employee home page.

The default employee home page ticket links reference stored queries where the code specifies customer = @cnt.id​ ... meaning this is looking at the affected end user field of the ticket. I do not want to change this as this is only for a few departments - not the majority of the company.

When our first level analysts triage the call tickets, they change the affected end user field to the person who actually has the problem and the requester field stays set to the lead persons name. This is causing issue where the lead person is not able to see all the call tickets he logged for everyone in his department.

I tried to create a new stored query to display on the standard employee home page but I am not having success with it showing the correct number of call tickets. It is still only showing the call tickets where the logged in persons name is in the Affected End User field - not the reported_by field.  I assumed the log_agent would reference the person who logged the ticket no matter what is in the requester or affected end user fields.

example:
    Stored Query Name - Open Incidents Reported by Lead
    Stored Query - log_agent = @cnt.id AND active = 1 AND status != \'RE\' AND type = \'I\'

Am I missing something in my query or do I need to also make a change to default employee home page html file?

thank you
    TheKatherine

------------------------------
    System Technologist
    Sheetz Inc

• 2.  RE: Stored Query for Employee View
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 23, 2019 09:25 PM
    Hi Katherine,

The background here is that the 'Employee' Access Type is unlicensed and restricted within the product such that unlicensed users are not allowed to see tickets where they are not the Affected End User (aka customer).

A way to approach this would be to make a new Access Type for this subset of "Lead" people, set that Access Type to licensed and change their Access Type in their contact record.. You could still give them the Employee interface so they wouldn't have to deal with the complexity of the Analyst interface.

Please note that this then "consumes" a license when each of the "Lead" people is logged in.

Cheers,
    Lindsay

Lindsay Estabrooks
    Principal Consultant
    IT-EDU Consultants

• 3.  RE: Stored Query for Employee View

Posted Aug 26, 2019 07:46 AM
    Thanks for the explanation Lindsay ... I will give that approach a try and see if it works for exactly what they want.

TheKatherine

System Technologist
    Sheetz Inc