DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  NCM Policies for STIG Checks

Posted Oct 17, 2016 03:18 PM

I hate to be the person who say's "well they have it, why don't you", but I find myself in that position trying to run Spectrum in parallel to SolarWinds. The issue is that SolarWinds provides a template to implement "Security Technical Implementation Guides" or STIG checks against network devices.  This means you don't have to write a hundreds of regular expressions for NCM policies to interrogate the configurations of devices across multiple platforms.  My question is if Spectrum has or will have the same service as STIG Compliance Manager in SolarWinds?

• 2.  Re: NCM Policies for STIG Checks

Posted Oct 19, 2016 03:48 PM

For those of us not familiar with SolarWinds STIG, can you expand a little bit on what it is?

• 3.  Re: NCM Policies for STIG Checks

Posted Oct 19, 2016 04:06 PM

SolarWinds has a set of preconfigured regular expressions that are used to interrogate a devices captured configuration and either identify or make changes to that configuration based on the requirements laid down by the Defense Information Systems Administration. For example, if a switch has unused ports, those ports should be admin shut and in a vlan for unused ports.  If this isn't the case, that device would be in violation of that STIG rule.  Spectrum can do this with NCM_Policies, but that requires creating the policies for each STIG item and there can be dozens of them for every vender and model type. SolarWinds has taking the toll out of doing these checks with their Compliance Manager. 

• 4.  Re: NCM Policies for STIG Checks
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 28, 2016 04:24 AM

Hello,

I am going to move this discussion to the Idea Wall for Spectrum, ad this is something that CA Product Management will be able to answer.

• 5.  Re: NCM Policies for STIG Checks

Posted Sep 01, 2017 11:21 AM

Any updates on this?

• 6.  Re: NCM Policies for STIG Checks

Posted Apr 12, 2017 01:28 PM

Haven't heard anything new on this in a while. Any updates?