Service Operations Insight

View Only
  • 1.  SOI HA on VM: VMWare setup?

Posted May 11, 2018 02:48 AM

Hi all,

we are trying to install SOI HA, now customer does have specific questions about the VM setup:

1. Which VMWare version is supported.

2. Do the VM shared folders have to be normal VMDK's or RDM-Lun's or drives inside the VSAN?

3. Has the virtual controller's LST Logic SAS SCSI controller configured to be physically or logically ?

4.  In the config of the vmdk's/RDM's, does the option "Mutli-Writer" to be set or not?

5.  Is it cluster in a box or can both VM's run on separate ESX's?

I know it's more about the VMWare setup, but hopefully someone can help here?

Many thanks,

Bjoern 

• 2.  Re: SOI HA on VM: VMWare setup?

Posted May 11, 2018 04:38 AM

Hi Bjoern,

Unfortunately I don’t know the specifics around this. This is indeed, as you indicate, more a VMware question to answer. I can’t recall of any (version) limitation set by us for SOI.

The following document may help setting up MSCS in various ways on VMware. If Microsoft Clustering is your HA solution to use of course.

Hopefully this helps.

https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-vSphere/6.5/vsphere-esxi-vcenter-server-651-setup-mscs.pdf

Cheers,

Vincent

• 3.  Re: SOI HA on VM: VMWare setup?

Posted May 14, 2018 04:06 AM

Hi Björn,

it is also an SOI question, because I am not sure if MSCS on a VMWare is support by SOI. You should get in touch with Saket. There is a high chance that they already use a virtualized MSCS for tests.

Andre