DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  CA Business Intelligence (CABI) error

Posted Jun 14, 2016 09:28 AM

Hi all,

I have CABI integrated with the Spectrum 10.0 (Windows OS). Spectrum, OneClick and CABI are installed on the same server.

Report creating works for pre-defined reports, but when I want to create a new report through Web Intelligence, then I get error below:

cabi error.JPG

What could me the couse of this error?

• 2.  Re: CA Business Intelligence (CABI) error
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 15, 2016 08:10 AM

Hello Ivan,

This sounds like the MySQL ODBC driver is not installed or configured correct to access the Reporting database.

Please check the Spectrum Report Manager Guide ...

Generating Ad Hoc Reports - CA Spectrum - 10.0 - CA Technologies Documentation

Make sure to have the 32bit driver installed as well (3.), if you are on a 64bit O/S.

If this does not help to get across this error, please open a case with CA Support.

Jochen

• 3.  Re: CA Business Intelligence (CABI) error

Posted Jun 20, 2016 11:56 AM

We had the same issue occur after upgrading from 10.1 to 10.1.1.

We are opening an issue with CA Support. In parallel, perhaps someone here has seen this problem and has found the solution?

Merci d'avance,

Joe Poutre

BNP Paribas

• 4.  Re: CA Business Intelligence (CABI) error

Posted Jun 24, 2016 09:24 AM

FYI: A teammate of mine installed the MySQL driver on our BOXI server and configured a custom userid in the OneClick MySQL reporting database, and then set up the MySQL on the BOXI to talk via the custom userid.

Why did we have to do that? What changed between 10.1 and 10.1.1 that broke BOXI access to the reporting database? This was bad.

Joseph Poutre

BNP Paribas