DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  Having issues with mapping an OID (Text string[]) as an attribute

Posted Sep 21, 2016 09:06 AM

Hello everyone,

I'm interested in mapping an OID (moduleSerialNumberString, part of CISCO-STACK-MIB) in order to see all the serial numbers within a Cisco switch stack. 

MIB-Tools confirms that for this OID, instances 1 and above have values which correlate to the correct serial numbers of the switches in the stack.

I've mapped the attribute from CISCO-STACK-MIB using MIB-Tools. Having selected a switch stack, picking the Attribute tab, and choosing to view the values of moduleSerialNumberString, I see that the values are empty. This is also the case if I change the Instance ID to something other than blank. I expected to see an array of strings consisting of the different serial numbers for this stack.

Any ideas how to fix this? 

Assuming this is fixable, can I then use this attribute to list all cisco switches serial numbers in a single pane? 

Thanks for the help

• 2.  Re: Having issues with mapping an OID (Text string[]) as an attribute

Posted Sep 21, 2016 01:24 PM

You should not have to add the moduleSerialNumberString attribute to Spectrum using MIB Tools. The moduleSerialNumberString attribute is already in the Spectrum database out of the box under the CATStackApp model associated with the device model. Use the Locater to find the associated CATStackApp model.

• 3.  Re: Having issues with mapping an OID (Text string[]) as an attribute

Posted Sep 22, 2016 06:46 AM

Hi Joseph,

Thanks for the quick reply. Is there a convenient method of listing all the instances of CatStackApp model types? At present I've made a global collection which checks that the modelSerialNumberString is non-null, but this demands looking over the array of each string separately. For example, at present I pick Switch1, go to its Attributes tab, click on the "table" hyperlink and there the different instances are enumerated.

I'd like to be able to export all serials for switches in stacks.

• 4.  Re: Having issues with mapping an OID (Text string[]) as an attribute

Posted Sep 22, 2016 09:42 AM

No way in OneClick that I am aware of

• 5.  Re: Having issues with mapping an OID (Text string[]) as an attribute

Posted Sep 25, 2016 08:36 AM

REST to the rescue?

• 6.  Re: Having issues with mapping an OID (Text string[]) as an attribute

Posted Nov 28, 2016 06:34 AM

Please have a look at Tuesday Tip: Configure Spectrum Modeling Gateway to export Notes attribute 

This may be a good alternative