AutoSys Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Scheduler log files - /opt/CA/WorkloadAutomationAE/autouser.TES/out/eventdemon.***  length of retention

Posted Sep 24, 2015 07:57 PM

Scheduler log files - /opt/CA/WorkloadAutomationAE/autouser.TES/out/eventdemon.***  are only kept fro a short amount of time( looks like a week)  , is there a setting for this that can be changed??

• 2.  Re: Scheduler log files - /opt/CA/WorkloadAutomationAE/autouser.TES/out/eventdemon.***  length of retention

Posted Sep 24, 2015 08:03 PM

This can be changed via the LOGROLLOVER parameter in the $AUTOUSER/config.TES file.

• 3.  Re: Scheduler log files - /opt/CA/WorkloadAutomationAE/autouser.TES/out/eventdemon.***  length of retention

Posted Sep 24, 2015 08:08 PM

I don't want to extend the length of the days files , i want to be able to keep as many days files as i want , it has only kept a week' s files on my new 11.3.6 servers , my old 11.0 servers keep as many days log files as i want.

• 4.  Re: Scheduler log files - /opt/CA/WorkloadAutomationAE/autouser.TES/out/eventdemon.***  length of retention
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 24, 2015 08:13 PM

Specifically the PURGE portion of the LOGROLLOVER parameter will control this. Set this value to 0 if you do not want the log files purged.

See the Wiki here for more details.

• 5.  Re: Scheduler log files - /opt/CA/WorkloadAutomationAE/autouser.TES/out/eventdemon.***  length of retention

Posted Sep 24, 2015 08:20 PM

Of course , i can see now , thank you very much for that most appreciated.