Symantec Access Management

View Only
  • 1.  SiteMinder WebSocket support

Posted Jun 27, 2014 08:10 AM

Is there anyone using the WebSocket protocol through a  SiteMinder Agent or SecureReverse Proxy?

Is it supported? What's it's your experience or advise?

What is the support in general on other CA products for this new protocol?

Thanks,

• 2.  Re: SiteMinder WebSocket support

Posted Jun 30, 2014 09:22 PM

Hi,

Siteminder  is not supported on Websocket yet or at least not on R12.5 as no testing was done for the HTML5 websockets.

httpclient is not supported on websocket base on following link:

[HTTPCLIENT-973] Websocket support - ASF JIRA

Secure proxy  12.5  is using httpclient4.1.2

I suggenst to submit enhancement request via The specified item was not found.

• 3.  Re: SiteMinder WebSocket support

Posted Jul 01, 2014 04:10 AM

The Web Socket protocol is handled by the web server. Apache 2.4 which is supported by SiteMinder supports this (mod_proxy_wstunnel - Apache HTTP Server Version 2.4).

Are you saying having the agent installed would prevent from the WebSocket to be initiated by the Web Server? I would be surprised if that was the case.

Or you mean to say that there are no features in SiteMinder that particularly address WebSocket? I expected this but I hoped there would be something we can do, for example terminate the WebSocket if associated SiteMinder session is no longer valid.

Thanks for any comments!

• 4.  Re: SiteMinder WebSocket support

Posted Jul 01, 2014 07:54 PM

Hi emilio.bielsa

No testing was done on this feature means QA didn't test on WebSocket when release the product. As such, I would said there are no features in SM that particular address WebSocket. If this is not tested, CA might not be able to support the feature as it is not tested.

• 5.  Re: SiteMinder WebSocket support

Posted Aug 25, 2014 06:57 PM

Has an enhancement been submitted?  I wasn't able to find one listed on CA Security ideas.

• 6.  Re: SiteMinder WebSocket support

Posted Aug 25, 2014 09:49 PM

Hi ColeAXP

No, no enhancement request submitted yet. As a new process, we encourage customer to submit enhancement request via The specified item was not found.

Once the enhancement request submitted, product manager will check on the popularity of the idea to decide whether include in future release.

Thanks.