DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  Changing Landscape for Models

Posted Apr 04, 2017 11:50 AM

Hi All,

Is there any way to change the landscape name 0x400000 for certain models alone ,I didn't any find  attribute to change in model level.I have integrated UIM with Spectrum and server management is enabled ,physical servers must move to respective SS servers(currently there is no solution)need to discover the model as IP device to model is their native landscapes .Any other suggestions?

Thanks

• 2.  Re: Changing Landscape for Models

Posted Apr 04, 2017 01:22 PM

I am not sure what you are trying to ask. Do you mean the device is modeled on landscape A and you want to change model handle of that model to landscape B?

Joe

• 3.  Re: Changing Landscape for Models

Posted Apr 04, 2017 11:10 PM

Yes ,need to move the device from landscape A to B.

• 4.  Re: Changing Landscape for Models
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 05, 2017 09:04 AM

Unfortunately, you cannot "change" the model handle of a model. You also cannot copy a model from one landscape and paste it into another. You will have to model the device from scratch in the new landscape.

Joe

• 5.  Re: Changing Landscape for Models

Posted Apr 05, 2017 12:55 PM

Yes Joe ,I agree this .What is the solution if spectrum -UIM integrated with server management all the physical servers will be modeled in the base landscape which is selected. The models are not connected to the upstream device for their respective landscape. Each and every time we need to create pingable to map there device according to landscape.Any other solution for this?

• 6.  Re: Changing Landscape for Models

Posted Apr 05, 2017 02:09 PM

You cannot connect a model from one landscape to a model in another landscape. Both models must exist in the same landscape.

Joe