DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  Cisco Stack Members Serial Numbers

Posted May 19, 2017 04:04 PM

Anyone know of a quick way to search for and return all of the serial numbers in a Cisco stack for multiple stacks? I know that the serials are contained in the Entity view and can be gotten on an individual basis, but I am hoping there is a search or query that can be done to go find all of them in one shot. Any ideas? Thanks in advance

• 2.  Re: Cisco Stack Members Serial Numbers

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 23, 2017 01:23 AM

Hello David, 

depending on the device - you may find at device level an attribue (table) named NRM_LineCardData - which should cover LineCard and SwitchUnit info - may this helps. Regards, Joerg 

• 3.  Re: Cisco Stack Members Serial Numbers

Posted May 23, 2017 04:25 AM

Hello Joerg,

thanks for your post but unfortunately I am not able to see the data using the attributes you mentioned.

Regards

Manuel

• 4.  Re: Cisco Stack Members Serial Numbers
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 25, 2017 02:09 AM

Hi Manuel, David,

See the following Knowledge Base article:

Serial Numbers showing Incorrectly in Spectrum

It describes how to enable the serial numbers of multiple stacks in Spectrum 10.x. These serial numbers should be listed as a text string under either of the following attributes:

NRM_ChasSerialNumber0x12a6eText String
    Serial_Number0x10030Text String

• 5.  Re: Cisco Stack Members Serial Numbers

Posted Jun 16, 2017 03:44 AM

Hello dnissel,

for mass exports on a regular basis we built some external logic to query the entityPhysicalTable (bascially this is what can been seen in "Entity View") through Spectrum. In general, there are 3 APIs to achieve that: vnmsh, CORBA API, RESTful API.

hope that helps,

Raphael