DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  Do I need to install new Mysql DB for CABI or use existing CA Spectrum mysql DB ?

Posted Jan 19, 2015 11:07 PM

Hi All, 

If I want to use CA Business Intelligence / Spectrum Report Manager for CA Spectrum do I need to install the Mysql Database separately for CABI or can I use the existing Mysql database of CA Spectrum.

Thanks in Advance,

• 2.  Re: Do I need to install new Mysql DB for CABI or use existing CA Spectrum mysql DB ?
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 19, 2015 11:45 PM

Hello Ravi,

what version of the Cabi it is ? From Cabi 3.3 we use SQLAnywhere as a database for Cabi. This needs to be installed along with the Cabi . SQLAnywhere is also shipped within the Cabi media. Incase you are on Cabi 3.2 i suggest to just go with the Mysql that comes with Cabi. This mysql is also shipped within the Cabi install media.

Hope that helps.

Kalyan

• 3.  Re: Do I need to install new Mysql DB for CABI or use existing CA Spectrum mysql DB ?

Posted Jan 20, 2015 12:27 AM

Thanks Kalyan. It definitely helps

• 4.  Re: Do I need to install new Mysql DB for CABI or use existing CA Spectrum mysql DB ?

Posted Jan 21, 2015 12:42 AM

Hi Kalyan,

I need some information on CABI, does CABI support HA? I know Spectrum supports HA but  want to know if we can do HA for CABI as well.

If HA is not supported on CABI, what are the possible ways to take the backup ?

Response is much appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,

Ravi